BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/1/2019 8:06:07 AM EDT
Been looking at a few on line lately, Sneaky Bags, Vanquest Gear RACKIT bags, and a few others. Anyone able to give an eval since there's no way to see one in person.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve also looked at the 5.11 “covert” bags.

They look decent. Actually handled one in a store somewhere. And they seem a little more grey man looking than the sneaky bags
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They look decent. Actually handled one in a store somewhere. And they seem a little more grey man looking than the sneaky bags
View Quote
The LV M4 20L model looks pretty good.  PSA is close by so maybe they might have one to handle.  Mainly will be for a MK 18p so might work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Some other bags to look at as well are these.

First Spear has the Noveske discreet backpack, Grey Ghost Gear has the apparition sbr bag, Tactical Tailor has the phantom trekker sbr bag.

I'm currently in the market for one but have yet to decide.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the elite survival systems stealth backpack.
It has excellent build quality and is pretty modular. If you don't mind breaking off the upper for transportation then I highly recommend it
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Vanquest Gear RACKIT bag would be closer to what I'm looking for if it came in a smaller option. Hope this doesn't turn into a perfect holster type search where I end up with a drawer full while searching for perfect, which doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of the UTG Covert bags, pretty cheap, and has survived in excellent shape for over 10 years. Once I used it AS a covert rifle bag just to see how difficult it would be to lug it around, and while a mild POS to have at appointments, not one person said a thing, assumed it was some sort of portfolio or other professional accessory, never had to use my prepared cover story. Full disclosure, this was literally for a lark just to see how difficult it would be, and the rifle carried was a folding stock vz-58 with 30 round mag in place. It was also completely and totally legal. As it is, it was a PITA, and deployment would have taken some time, not like drawing a sidearm. The 5.11 Sing Bag intrigued be for the EVO S1 Scorpion, but anything larger than that, bigger than day pack size, would probably just be a big pain.
UTG bag is still in service today for range trips, and the business card window still has the colorful business card from SeaFab Metals Company, our local Doe Run secondary smelter where I get my certified bullet metal to do my casting. Little inside joke, as it were.
I would mind having a rifle caliber pistol folded in a easy carry bag, but the money isn't there right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered the Vanquest bag.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Eberlestock has a couple of offerings as well.  Cherry Bomb and something else.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The Vanquest bag won't be my last.  Like the suggested alternatives too.

Thanks-
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm also interested in this. I just finished up a MK18 inspired AR Pistol, just waiting on the Law Tactical folder to arrive. It is pretty small as it is and I found a nice tennis racquet bag to fit it in. Then I discovered the law tactical folding stock adapter, so now I'm trying to find just a regular bag to stick it in. Looking to make it a car/carry with gun and I figured a tennis racket case looks less "high value" than a rifle case in my vehicle.

So, if you are looking for a bag just to disguise the rifle, these work pretty well. But not really practical to carry around with you daily.

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I went with one of these (not the "Shorty" version), since it will fit a 16" with collapsible stock, as well as the 7.5" pistol. The upper compartment holds 2 mag pouches (has MOLLE/Velcro) and I ShoeGoo'd a large Velcro panel from a 5.11 vest, into the giant bottom pocket for "whatever" (I currently keep a binder of all ATF related "Shoulder Brace" stuff in there, as well as an IFAK/TQ

On the outside of the mag pouch pocket, there is a nylon loop ladder. I bought some bright florescent Orange bungee cord off of Amazon, and cross-crossed it through those loops - and stuck a can of Tennis Balls in it. It's convincing - tested it out at a Corporate customer of mine's place - President/CEO thought I took up Tennis
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a Peavy soft padded zip up guitar bag, it fits my rifle length like a glove. It's got carrying handles and a shoulder strap as well as a nice big front zipper pocket. Picked it up from a pawnshop for like $5 bucks and the best thing about it nobody would ever notice I'm carrying a full size rifle inside it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Vertx makes some nice discreet bags and backpacks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I love this place

Come here with a question and find a thread about what I need to know.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I use an Oakley sling bag for a MP5K. Holds everything nicely.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#19]
This is the winner, and shouldn’t cost a dime.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Bfg sneaky bag
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Blackhawk Diversion gym bag is cheap these days and very discreet. The inside is subdivided for multiple rifles.
Introducing the Blackhawk Diversion Workout Bag
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#22]
WRB for PCC it looks looks like a laptop bag. I use it for an SBR B&T.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Just remember, some of these bags make your rifle MORE likely to get stolen, not less. Most vehicle burglars avoid taking firearms, which is a felony. They focus on looking for backpacks, laptop bags, tool bags, and musical instrument bags that contain items they can pawn with a felony record, quickly and easily, and usually are less likely to be reported stolen or the serial number recorded for police to search.

Only a minority of vehicle burglars look for guns. Putting your firearm in a discrete bag may keep neighbors from knowing what you are transporting, but will not improve your odds of not getting your stuff stolen from a vehicle interior when they can see the bag. The best option is probably a sports equipment bag (baseball or tennis) for that or anything that would NOT indicate a musical instrument or laptop may be inside.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Love this because it looks cheap and whatever is inside would also be cheap.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I have the Hazzard 4 battle axe for my 16" carbine and love it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Most vehicle burglars avoid taking firearms, which is a felony.
View Quote
In Alabama, UBEV (Unlawful Breaking and Entering of a Vehicle) is itself a felony.

Doesn't deter them one bit...I've written reports where they broke into a vehicle and took a pack of gum and $.87 in loose change.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Blackhawk Diversion gym bag is cheap these days and very discreet. The inside is subdivided for multiple rifles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbhTsmd2HQ8
View Quote
Assuming they dropped these. Have just been looking for them and every place says discontinued and out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have the elite survival systems stealth backpack.
It has excellent build quality and is pretty modular. If you don't mind breaking off the upper for transportation then I highly recommend it
View Quote
Also have the Stealth backpack. Will hold a 10.5 inch sbr or a 16 inch with Law folder.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just remember, some of these bags make your rifle MORE likely to get stolen, not less. Most vehicle burglars avoid taking firearms, which is a felony. They focus on looking for backpacks, laptop bags, tool bags, and musical instrument bags that contain items they can pawn with a felony record, quickly and easily, and usually are less likely to be reported stolen or the serial number recorded for police to search.

Only a minority of vehicle burglars look for guns. Putting your firearm in a discrete bag may keep neighbors from knowing what you are transporting, but will not improve your odds of not getting your stuff stolen from a vehicle interior when they can see the bag. The best option is probably a sports equipment bag (baseball or tennis) for that or anything that would NOT indicate a musical instrument or laptop may be inside.
View Quote
Not sure where you live or where you got this information, but in Florida, all burglaries are felonies, and guns are like the golden item of vehicle burglaries. Never have I seen a burglary where a gun was in the car but didn’t get taken.

Not that it’s relevant to this conversation, but just thought I would comment on that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Assuming they dropped these. Have just been looking for them and every place says discontinued and out of stock.
View Quote
Yes, I think they've been discontinued. I bought mine from lapg. Check ebay as I've seen them their significantly reduced from msrp.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not sure where you live or where you got this information, but in Florida, all burglaries are felonies, and guns are like the golden item of vehicle burglaries. Never have I seen a burglary where a gun was in the car but didn’t get taken.

Not that it’s relevant to this conversation, but just thought I would comment on that.
View Quote
I live in Texas, where I have worked patrol for many years and now work as a Detective which I jave done for many years.

Here, BMV was for years and years only a class B misdemeanor, one step up from a Class C traffic ticket. Even a repeat BMV conviction is only a misdemeanor in Texas with a mandated stay in jail of just a few days. Theft of firearms is a felony which you will get 2 years for the first time you do it and serve at least 1 year in prison since your charge involved a firearm (50% time served before parole). A BMV is usually just a couple days in county jail and a time served plea deal. Theft isnt even a felony till its over $2500 value.

I have worked a LOT of BMVs and been the victim of several. The last one they broke in for my backpack in the back seat. When the burglar noticed how heavy it was he opened it to find ARB pulleys, shackles, tree strap, winch remote, etc. And dropped it in the bed of my truck as he jumped back into his accomplice's car and left the parking lot. Had that been a gun, I'm sure he would have kept it. Burglars are doing their 9-5 to make money, they usually specilize in particular items they are familiar with like contractor tools, power tools, laptops/tablets, musical instruments, boating gear, etc. They dont hunt for guns but trade em away to others if they stumble across them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone currently have Noveske Discreet Backpack and how do you like it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't have the Noveske, but I do have two of the Grey Ghost Gear versions.  One I purchased direct on a BF/Christmas deal for $125 and the other I purchased for $95+ tax/shipping through Botach and it shipped and delivered without any issues.  It was my first Botach pull, so 1/1 hit so far.

I like the GGG because they do not look tactical at all, but are designed specifically for securing and transporting a SBR size firearm + accessories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I just picked up one of these

https://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-bags-packs/stealth-sbr-rifle-backpack/

Haven't had a chance to use it.  It's the size of a regular school/daily backpack, so you're not going to fit even an SBR AR15 unless it's broken down or has a folding stock.  I got it more for my GHM9.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I have two of these. Very discrete, and hold a lot of
gear in small package.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7WN36M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I recently bought a Savoir Equipment Urban Takedown bag for my Ruger PC9,  but it works well with an SBR AR also.

https://www.saviorequipment.com

With LAW folder...

Or if using w/o a folder...

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 6:37:37 AM EDT
[#38]
what size rifel?????

I keep my ps90 & 5 magazines in a raquet ball t bag & got for $24
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#39]
+1 for the Phitz bags.  They sometimes have KILLER deals on them.  You can also get them in non tactical colors/patterns lower profile, or even high profile that doesn't scream gun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve never, even once, heard of a car burglar leaving a firearm in a car.  Door check car car burglars love guns.  Easy peasy to sell and heroin addicts aren’t super worried about felonies from a crime with a minuscule clearance rate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I use one of these Bulldog discreet cases.  They're $30ish on amazon but pretty solidly built.

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Hazard4
The denim style fabric is perfect for discreet carry

Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think this tennis racquet case was $1.50 at Goodwill. The lunch sack keeps the mags safe and out of sight.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146/2314804E-B750-46C9-8471-52E992C21A4A-964146.jpg
View Quote
Nice!!

Very discrete & double bonus for the butterflies mag pack idea!!

Well Done!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#46]
The packs they make for recurve target bows are a great size and configuration and the prices are modest.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I am reasonably happy with the setup that I came up with.   The biggest downsides that I see is A) it takes me seven seconds to remove the pistol from the bag and assemble it (therefore it doesn't replace my CCW) and B) the bag could be mistaken for a laptop bag and therefor worthy of theft.   The bag is "LA Police Gear Jumbo Bail Out Bag -Diaper Bag, Bug Out, Briefcase-Black" and I chose black because I want it to make it as difficult as possible for someone looking into the bag to see what is really in there.   There is enough extra space in the bag that I can put food, water bottles, a light jacket, etc in with the pistol and still have a bit of room left over.   With the shoulder strap I can carry the bag so the contents are accessible without drawing unnecessary attention to myself.   To me, it doesn't scream SBR case like some of the longer bags appear to.

Picture of the bag:

Picture of the pistol broken down:

And picture of the pistol assembled:

And the bag packed:

I have four loaded mags in the bag, a cleaning kit, and sling and as I said above, there is still a lot of room left over.   Also since this is a pistol, it is legal to carry or leave in the car in my AO.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Cheap $15 mandolin bag.  It’s holding up so far.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I love this place

Come here with a question and find a thread about what I need to know.

Thanks everyone.
View Quote

No shit. I've been looking for something for my underfolder and I find this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Garage sale well used diaper bag...

Take AR into two pieces.
Separate pockets for loaded mags.

Have a baby bottle filled with loose ammo.
Stick real diapers in some pockets.

Rub cheap smelly talcum all over it.

Tell anyone who asks, it's for the grandbaby.

You're welcome.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top