Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2018 9:46:01 PM EDT
After searching the forum for discreet rifle bag ideas I came across a few post mentioning sneaky bags. I went to their website and it says they will be back soon.

Does anyone have any info on what is going on with the company? I saw on another board they had a few issues a couple of years ago and stopped production for a few years. Anyone use their gear for a while and have feedback?

The UTG bag and 5.11 are similar products but reviews about the long term quality aren't good.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one.

It's a decent bag/case/backpack.

It lacks some very basic shit that would make it much better, like MOLLE edited: Velcro inside the compartments. As a backpack, it's awkward but functional. For the price I think there are a few areas that need improvement, but it is somewhat discreet and serves its purpose.

It could serve a more functional purpose had more thought gone in to it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks snack hadn't seen the vertx bag before

M4 do you have the original or the spyder version?

Alpha I like the idea of a tennis bag but it would have to look less tennis bagish since it would be pretty obvious I am not heading to practice for Wimbledon
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks snack hadn't seen the vertx bag before

M4 do you have the original or the spyder version?

Alpha I like the idea of a tennis bag but it would have to look less tennis bagish since it would be pretty obvious I am not heading to practice for Wimbledon
View Quote
Didn't know there we're two versions until I went to Google images.

Mine looks exactly like this......

Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one.

It lacks some very basic shit that would make it much better, like MOLLE inside the compartments. As a backpack, it's awkward but functional. For the price I think there are a few areas that need improvement, but it is somewhat discreet and serves its purpose.

View Quote
Sorry for jumping in a tad late..............

Snack, can you share as to what areas you think needs to be improved in the SB bag? Like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Helm
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Snack, can you share as to what areas you think needs to be improved in the SB bag? Like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Helm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have one.

It lacks some very basic shit that would make it much better, like MOLLE inside the compartments. As a backpack, it's awkward but functional. For the price I think there are a few areas that need improvement, but it is somewhat discreet and serves its purpose.

Helm
My opinion for what it's worth.

Let me just get this out of the way first. I like the bag. It performs the function it was intended to.

That said my bag (exactly like the blue one posted above) could benefit in a few areas IMO.

First would be the shoulder straps. They don't really anatomically conform. I understand these aren't intended to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. Regardless of that a backpack is an intended function of this bag and the straps just feel awkward. They should be rethought and I believe modest tweeks would likely be sufficient.

Next would be where the guns go inside the bag. Presumably two short rifles can fit between the divider. My MK18 and an AK underfolder or my MP5 work fine. I'd have added Velcro covering the divider on both sides and have corresponding nylon/Velcro straps for custome tie downs for keeping the guns in place. I'd also add Velcro along the entire rear of the inside of the bag. Guns sliding around should be easily avoidable and desirable. Plus two different guns fit asymmetrically even with a divider so straps could hold gun A in the right place for gun B to be affixed and fit well.

The circular external pouch is just bare bones. It's a pouch. A zipper pocket inside/more Velcro/split in to two sections......something would make it much more usable.

The bag is a good idea and maybe some of the above have been addresses in later versions, I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks dude, appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. I don't think there has been any revisions on that particular case you have.

I get your point on the outside pouch; it currently is PALS loop, can't remember if there is a mesh zippered pocket in it.

What's your thought on the built quality?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks dude, appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. I don't think there has been any revisions on that particular case you have.

I get your point on the outside pouch; it currently is PALS loop, can't remember if there is a mesh zippered pocket in it.

What's your thought on the built quality?
View Quote
I think the build quality is sufficient. No issues with that.

I have ave a number of cases so the SB doesn't get a ton of mileage so I'm not sure I'd know the answer in respect to long term repetitive use.

Though you didn't ask, my i-Shot C.E.R.T (I believe that's what it's called) rifle case is the best nylon long gun case Ive ever owned. Fits perfectly inside my Pelican 1700 hard case as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think the build quality is sufficient. No issues with that.

I have ave a number of cases so the SB doesn't get a ton of mileage so I'm not sure I'd know the answer in respect to long term repetitive use.

Though you didn't ask, my i-Shot C.E.R.T (I believe that's what it's called) rifle case is the best nylon long gun case Ive ever owned. Fits perfectly inside my Pelican 1700 hard case as well.
View Quote
I feel the same way about their products. I've had my Tactical Carbine Case, as well as one of the original Revolver Range Bags for something like 13-14 years and absolutely LOVE both of them. In fact, the RRB is my go-to range bag.

A couple stories about @I-SHOT and their customer service:

About 13 years ago, I took my Revolver Range Bag to the range with 4 handguns, probably 500 rounds of ammo, eyes, ears, cleaning kit stuff, stapler, moon clips, mags, and all the other assorted stuff I could cram into it. One of the little plastic clips at the end of shoulder strap broke under the weight. Truth be told, I had really crammed too much stuff in it, so it was no surprise the clip broke. I e-mailed I-SHOT, looking to buy a replacement clip. Helmie didn't let me buy one. Instead, he looked up my original order and sent me, free of charge, an entire shoulder strap with a pad to match the color of my bag.

As the name "Revolver Range Bag" implies, it was designed with competitive revolver shooters in mind and the large front pocket had a removable, Velcro-backed, panel which had a bunch of pockets for holding full moon clips (18-24, IIRC). My wife bought it for me as a gift because I was shooting a S&W 625 at the time. (The fact my wife ordered it, not me, makes Helmie's sending me the strap I mentioned earlier even more remarkable. He REALLY went above and beyond to find out what color bag I own.) Eventually, i-SHOT released a panel which held 8 pistol magazines. I e-mailed them about ordering one for my bag. Not only did he send me one, he also included an extra moon clip panel-again, free of charge.

I-SHOT really went above and beyond to earn my respect, which made me all that much angrier when I heard they got caught up in that BS FBI crap later on thanks to a POS snitch who entrapped others just to get out of his own legal problems.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I was anti Law Folder for a long time, but bit the bullet. I think that's the best option for bags. It allows my 8" 300 BO (with noveske pig, so it's about an 11" upper) to fit in any regular ass backpack. I use a 5.11 rush 12 and that's a great set up for me. It has some mag storage, EDC compartments, and the folded rifle fits fine in the main compartment.

I'm not the fattest guy in the world and since 5.11 makes all sorts of crossfit gear now it's not uncommon to see these bags in town.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Why not something like this north face backpack borealis

if you're trying to be discreet I wouldn't use any bag made my a gun company, or a sports bag.  Use a regular backpack that fits your needs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#13]
American Mountain Supply SBR Case 24" - Black $46

I have the 36" cases not this SBR model shown above. They were $39 a piece when I grabbed them on sale at DSG. Nice American made bags.

AMS ABOUT US
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw on another forum that a guy was using a "padded tripod case" which looks quite mundane.  And they aren't expensive.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]
With the A3 stock, an MP-5 fits perfectly in the wifes Ukulele case......
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks M4, I appreciate the kind words. It's been a long ride (17 years) and it looks like you have one of the originals; we're at Gen 5 right now. The cases continue to be offered but just under the SERT brand since I-SHOT was scrapped about 5-6 years ago.

Unfortunately since I've been on this forum for years now, it's kinda hard changing my handle from I-SHOT to SERT, so I just kinda kept it!
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I feel the same way about their products. I've had my Tactical Carbine Case, as well as one of the original Revolver Range Bags for something like 13-14 years and absolutely LOVE both of them. In fact, the RRB is my go-to range bag.

About 13 years ago, I took my Revolver Range Bag to the range with 4 handguns, probably 500 rounds of ammo, eyes, ears, cleaning kit stuff, stapler, moon clips, mags, and all the other assorted stuff I could cram into it. One of the little plastic clips at the end of shoulder strap broke under the weight. Truth be told, I had really crammed too much stuff in it, so it was no surprise the clip broke. I e-mailed I-SHOT, looking to buy a replacement clip. Helmie didn't let me buy one. Instead, he looked up my original order and sent me, free of charge, an entire shoulder strap with a pad to match the color of my bag.

As the name "Revolver Range Bag" implies, it was designed with competitive revolver shooters in mind and the large front pocket had a removable, Velcro-backed, panel which had a bunch of pockets for holding full moon clips (18-24, IIRC). My wife bought it for me as a gift because I was shooting a S&W 625 at the time. (The fact my wife ordered it, not me, makes Helmie's sending me the strap I mentioned earlier even more remarkable. He REALLY went above and beyond to find out what color bag I own.) Eventually, i-SHOT released a panel which held 8 pistol magazines. I e-mailed them about ordering one for my bag. Not only did he send me one, he also included an extra moon clip panel-again, free of charge.

I-SHOT really went above and beyond to earn my respect, which made me all that much angrier when I heard they got caught up in that BS FBI crap later on thanks to a POS snitch who entrapped others just to get out of his own legal problems.
View Quote
Hey brother, this is Helmie. Thanks very much for sharing this. I can't believe you are still running that RRB! That is amazing after all these years. It always brings a sense of pride in what we design and put out when we hear personal stories like this.

Yeah, what happened was rather unfortunate but the truth eventually came out and there was a silver lining in it when they realized that there are no skeletons in my closet. We've moved on and the business has expanded quote a bit so I can't complain 'cos after 17 years, I've seen competition come and go but we are still here today and continue to put out products under two brands ;)
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks M4, I appreciate the kind words. It's been a long ride (17 years) and it looks like you have one of the originals; we're at Gen 5 right now. The cases continue to be offered but just under the SERT brand since I-SHOT was scrapped about 5-6 years ago.

Unfortunately since I've been on this forum for years now, it's kinda hard changing my handle from I-SHOT to SERT, so I just kinda kept it!
View Quote

Since it's been a while I looked at the SERT website.

Glad I did! I love the C3 Compact Carbine Case. Between my good experiences with your products, the review from SiVisPacem above and some really cool new stuff I hadn't seen before, I'm not looking anywhere else for some nylon gear I'm in the market for.

Keep up the great work, we'll keep spreading the word.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Since it's been a while I looked at the SERT website.

Glad I did! I love the C3 Compact Carbine Case. Between my good experiences with your products, the review from SiVisPacem above and some really cool new stuff I hadn't seen before, I'm not looking anywhere else for some nylon gear I'm in the market for.

Keep up the great work, we'll keep spreading the word.
View Quote
I will very much appreciate that brother. Lots more coming out including a new precision rifle bag (aka drag bag), suffice to say targeted for longer precision rifles. Photos on our FB if and when you get a chance! Thanks again.

LINK
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey brother, this is Helmie. Thanks very much for sharing this. I can't believe you are still running that RRB! That is amazing after all these years. It always brings a sense of pride in what we design and put out when we hear personal stories like this.

Yeah, what happened was rather unfortunate but the truth eventually came out and there was a silver lining in it when they realized that there are no skeletons in my closet. We've moved on and the business has expanded quote a bit so I can't complain 'cos after 17 years, I've seen competition come and go but we are still here today and continue to put out products under two brands ;)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@i-SHOT

Honestly, as awesome as the RRB has been for me and as well designed as it is, I can't see me EVER needing another range bag. I have no doubt it will last longer than I will and I'm only 47 with no plans to stop shooting any time soon. i know you've made some revisions over the years, but I've always thought the original was excellent.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Honestly, as awesome as the RRB has been for me and as well designed as it is, I can't see me EVER needing another range bag. I have no doubt it will last longer than I will and I'm only 47 with no plans to stop shooting any time soon. i know you've made some revisions over the years, but I've always thought the original was excellent.
View Quote
I hear you. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Not for nothing, but my I-Shot experience was completely different.

Way back in the early 2000s I bought one of their medium range bags (so long ago I don't even remember which model).  Then 4 or 5 years later, one of the seams on the bottom let loose.  Contacted i-Shot about a warranty repair/replacement and (details foggy, so long ago) they said no warranty, but they'd be happy to sell me a new one.

My understanding was a lifetime warranty, and this left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Ended up trashing the bag and just moving on.

@i-SHOT
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants to steal a tennis racket.

Nobody.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not for nothing, but my I-Shot experience was completely different.

Way back in the early 2000s I bought one of their medium range bags (so long ago I don't even remember which model).  Then 4 or 5 years later, one of the seams on the bottom let loose.  Contacted i-Shot about a warranty repair/replacement and (details foggy, so long ago) they said no warranty, but they'd be happy to sell me a new one.

My understanding was a lifetime warranty, and this left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Ended up trashing the bag and just moving on.

@i-SHOT
View Quote
@FredMan , this is new to me. I am more than willing to amend such an issue for you regardless of how long this has been BUT let me first point out that we have only provided a 5-year warranty on our products. If you'd like to PM me on this and provide me with your info, I will go back into the I-SHOT database and check this out. I may not have any of the old products in stock but I will make good on anything that is our responsibility. Any info you can share please PM me at your earliest convenience and I will look into it, and also if you remember if the correspondence was via email (we still have all the old emails backed up). In the meantime my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@FredMan , this is new to me. I am more than willing to amend such an issue for you regardless of how long this has been BUT let me first point out that we have only provided a 5-year warranty on our products. If you'd like to PM me on this and provide me with your info, I will go back into the I-SHOT database and check this out. I may not have any of the old products in stock but I will make good on anything that is our responsibility. Any info you can share please PM me at your earliest convenience and I will look into it, and also if you remember if the correspondence was via email (we still have all the old emails backed up). In the meantime my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
View Quote
Sure do appreciate that, and I'm going to send you a PM
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#26]
@i-SHOT, you PM box is full and I can't send you anything
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top