Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 5:11:33 PM EDT
EUREKA!!! I just got back from the range, I have been fighting with this AR15 that I built trying to get some kind of decent accuracy out of it and up until now I have been met with disappointment and failure. The best groups I could get with handloads and factory match ammo was something just shy of 2" at 100 yds for 5 shots, that was totally unacceptable. The barrel is a Bear Creek Arsenal 18" 1:8 .223 wylde heavy barrel and should shoot at least 1" groups, I tried handload development, different factory loadings, different shooting techniqe, I even bought a 3lb. single stage match trigger and nothing helped. I was fairly sure the problem was the barrel, I bought it for $50 off a bulletin board from and individual rather than an authorized retailer for BCA so I figured factory support was not going to happen. Last night I got desperate and took a brass screw chucked in a drill with a dab of valve lapping paste on it and polished the barrel crown. Went to the range today to see if it made a difference (not really expecting much) every group I shot today was 1" or less at 100 yards! and that was with factory ammo shooting off a bipod with an old sock filled with dry beans for a rear rest!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
MOA ALL DAY!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Try hand feeding the rounds into the chamber one at a time from the ejection port. See off the group's tighten. Mine has burrs in the feeding channels.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have great pictures to go with this post but I guess photobucket doesnt let me post to third party sites while I`m using the free version. Anyone know a free photo host that will?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have great pictures to go with this post but I guess photobucket doesnt let me post to third party sites while I`m using the free version. Anyone know a free photo host that will?
View Quote
this is the site I use

here
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
If you pay for a membership here you can upload pics really easily. Im not one to spend money on things like website memberships, but a couple years ago someone bought me a membership, and when it expired, I didnt hesitate to renew it. I do spend an unhealthy amount of time here, so YMMV.

Its as easy as clicking the "Select file button", then choose "Take photo" or "choose existing", then click upload.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Imgur is excellent imo. If needed, here's a little tutorial:

I recommend downloading and installing this little piece of software to resize your photo un less you already use something else. This one is very simple. 

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ 

Some photos don't require resizing and some do. Hate it when someone posts a pic the size of Texas. You can resize in most hosting services but this is a handy tool for all photos that you use for other purposes other than forums. 

Once installed, you can right click on any photo and going down a bit in the drop down menu, left click on "resize pictures". This opens a resize window. 

Select the first radio button which is the small size recommended for forums. Don't worry, it won't be real small. 

In the method I'm showing you, it will use your same file name with the additional (small) added to it. Now you have the original and the new small pic. 

Sign up to it and then proceed. Within any photo hosting service your personal settings will include things such as who you give access to your pics, etc. Might want to take care of your preferences once you upload a pic or two. 

Open Imgur ( http://imgur.com/ ). Log in to Imgur: 

At the top right, left click "upload images". A new window will appear. 

Left click "browse your computer". 

In the new window showing your files, go find the pic, select it and click open at bottom right corner of window or simply double-click the file / image. 

In a matter of seconds the new photo will appear. 

To the right of the new photo is a column of options. 

Go down to the choice titled BBCode (message boards & forums) 

To the right of that particular option, left click on "Copy". 

Come back to this forum and open a text window. Say what you have to say. Hit return once or twice. 

Right click and in the drop down menu, click paste. 

Finish up with selecting Submit Reply. 

Very easy. 

If you use another tool for resizing, it's best to use the size 854x480 pixels. A while back I believe that was 640x480 however times and things change. If the tool you choose to resize uses the 640x480 format, that's fine. Good luck and let's see a pic or two.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive never been able to view images posted on Imgur. My Ipad is getting outdated.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Bossman: I realize this is a couple months after your first posting of your "problem" BCA barrel.  I had the EXACT same issue with the $58 wonder barrel BCA was sell a few months ago.   And did the exact same "repair" as you did.  Barrel shoots fine now.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top