Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2020 10:55:13 PM EDT
For those that use the HD version of this product, what ratio do you mix w/ water, or do you use it at full strength?
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Simple Green Pro HD, @1:5, gets my guns cleaner than the products that are supposed to be the best.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
1:5 seems to be a common ratio. I've decided to try Simple Green Aviation/ Motorsports formula in the quart size. I'll dilute it in my ultrasonic's tank that holds 14 oz. and up to 2 BCGs and some smaller parts. (That's 2.33 oz. concentrate mixed w/ 11.67 oz water.) Wait, my measuring cup is not that precise!
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!
1:5 seems to be a common ratio. I've decided to try Simple Green Aviation/ Motorsports formula in the quart size. I'll dilute it in my ultrasonic's tank that holds 14 oz. and up to 2 BCGs and some smaller parts. (That's 2.33 oz. concentrate mixed w/ 11.67 oz water.) Wait, my measuring cup is not that precise!
View Quote
I mix mine up in a spray bottle I got from Dollar General. Spray the parts down brush them down and blow off with air compressor, then apply oil.

I buy my Simple Green HD at Home Depot. Makes up to 14 gallons
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if you're aware of this but Home Depot sells the Simple Green Pro Hd which is what you should be using as it is safe on aluminum and I verified this with them as well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure I got this right....because I have heard the opposite....SG can be very bad.

Buy the SG HD

Mix 5:1, 5 water and 1 SG.

Spray on, let soak for how long?

No damage to polymer (Glocks) and aluminum (Sig frames and AR's)?

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So reading this got me curious enough to go to Home Depot and pick up some Simple Green Pro HD. I mixed up a 5:1 in a solo cup then threw my bolt and bolt carrier in. I let it sit a while then pulled them out and wiped them off. I was very surprised how easy it cleaned with no residue left behind. It looks like I'll be using this stuff from hear on out. It actually cleaned better than Hoppes and BoreTech and didn't smell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure I got this right....because I have heard the opposite....SG can be very bad.

Buy the SG HD

Mix 5:1, 5 water and 1 SG.

Spray on, let soak for how long?

No damage to polymer (Glocks) and aluminum (Sig frames and AR's)?

Thanks,

Bronc
View Quote

Dawn dishwashing liquid for Glocks
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes I use the purple color Simple Green HD that I bought from Home Depot. I don't really measure it but if I had to say it would be about 1:5 ratio. I just pour a good amount into the ultra sonic, then fill it up with water.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top