Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2021 4:56:18 PM EDT
Posted this first in the retro section, but maybe it belongs here(IDK):

I've had a franken AR build since about 2001.  Colt 1/7 M4 style upper, PWA Commando lower.  It's in the original "Pre-ban" serial # range.     It took me long enough, to get around to jumping on the "I want something different band-wagon" and so I just decided to try to use that lower as a base for a dedicated coyote gun in either 6mm ARC or 6.5 Grendel.  

First things first, I thought I would start with a replacement drop in trigger.  Went with  a Rise Armament LE 145 as a good safe field trigger.  Go to drop it in, and NO - GO.  I would slightly start and that's it.

To Google I go, to search for what the standard spec receiver dimensions are, which lead me down a rabbit hole with no real answers.  Next, I pulled out my recently purchased PSA 300 AAC pistol as a reference.  Sure enough, the old PWA trigger well measures .681 but the PSA measures .685-.686

The trigger goes about .682 - like I said - NO GO in the PWA.  

What is the standard internal size for the trigger well?

Was mill spec back in the day tighter?  

Is there two different specs?

So, now I either return the trigger or buy yet another receiver for my coyote gun :(
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Info in your OTHER THREAD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top