Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2021 8:25:33 PM EDT
Just something that i did not realize.  Several years ago i traded into a Spikes mid length 16"  barrel and a Model 1 Sales 20" heavy barrel, both in 22lr and requiring an adapter such as a Ciener/Atchison kit with the normal chamber adapter replaced by one that interfaces with the end of the barrel.  I had picked up one from Model 1 Sales at a gunshow a while back, which seemed to fit both barrels just fine.  Well, i have a few of the CMMG chromed or stainless looking kits, and ordered one from Browenlls.  Turns out that the CMMG hole is smaller than the ones for Model 1 or Spikes barrels.  i ordered another from Model 1, but had to call in since it is not on their websight.  Just wanted to give people a heads up that there is a difference.  

Now to see if i can make a binary trigger work with the ciener bolts using CMMG parts.......
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The Model 1 Sales collar and Spikes/TACCOM/Velocity barrels use .500” collar.  CMMG and DPMS Gen 1 use a .460” collar.   I don’t use a binary trigger but you might need the anti bounce weight as sold by CMMG.    Bore buddy also sell bolt weights which can be used to help reliability and keeping the bolt closed longer for suppressor use.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Model 1 Sales collar and Spikes/TACCOM/Velocity barrels use .500” collar.  CMMG and DPMS Gen 1 use a .460” collar.   I don’t use a binary trigger but you might need the anti bounce weight as sold by CMMG.    Bore buddy also sell bolt weights which can be used to help reliability and keeping the bolt closed longer for suppressor use.
View Quote

Per this thread:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Will-a-binary-trigger-CMMG-dedicated-22LR-AR15-4-5-barrel-bolt-carrier-setup-work-together-/15-759239/
the need for an anti bounce weight (ABW) is binary trigger manufacturer dependent.  The Rare Breed trigger is not mentioned.

Also, the J.A. Ciener Corp. still sells the Atchisson pattern (1.0 oz.) ABW as was originally developed.

MHO, YMMV, etc. Be well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, there are 2 different sizes, 0.50" and 0.46" (CMMG specific).

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top