Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:45:51 PM EDT
I cant seem to find the major difference between the two scopes and why the name change?  Credo?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What I've read is the reticle has changed. The center dot or cross is smaller especially at 8x. The scope had both green AND red reticles and they revamped the scopes magnification throw lever. This is what I've read hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The whole situation is unecessarily confusing on Trijicons part, reminds me of CMMG's renamed/rebranded line up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I will say that the cross reticle is FKing massive at 6-8x on the Accupower.. However the mill scale, while still not that large at 8x, seems usable to me at further distances.

Also, the mil scale is visible AND useful from 3x on up vs other FFP LPVO I'm evaluating right now. (XTR II 1-8 FFP, Accupower 1-8 FFP and XTR II 1.5-8 DFP comparison post to come very soon)
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will say that the cross reticle is FKing massive at 6-8x on the Accupower.. However the mill scale, while still not that large at 8x, seems usable to me at further distances.

Also, the mil scale is visible AND useful from 3x on up vs other FFP LPVO I'm evaluating right now. (XTR II 1-8 FFP, Accupower 1-8 FFP and XTR II 1.5-8 DFP comparison post to come very soon)
View Quote

The reticle is definitely thick, but if mine is cranked up and I need to be so precise that it’s an issue, I just dial .5 mil up and hold on the top of the crosshair.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The whole situation is unecessarily confusing on Trijicons part, reminds me of CMMG's renamed/rebranded line up.
View Quote

Agree, I can’t keep track of all the new lines Trijicon released.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#6]
The differences are that the credo is supposed to have a smaller center cross as that was a major complaint of the accupower line, and it has both red and green illumination as opposed to one or the other.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The reticle is definitely thick, but if mine is cranked up and I need to be so precise that it’s an issue, I just dial .5 mil up and hold on the top of the crosshair.
View Quote

That’s a great workaround thank you!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I'm stealing that shit like Bernie Sanders. Might even put it in a user manual at some point. Brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup, I'm stealing that shit like Bernie Sanders. Might even put it in a user manual at some point. Brilliant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reticle is definitely thick, but if mine is cra8nked up and I need to be so precise that it's an issue, I just dial .5 mil up and hold on the top of the crosshair.

That's a great workaround thank you!

Funny that recently InRange used a 9-Hole Review clip to reinforce that 6:00 hold is superior with irons.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the laugh.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top