Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lerch, where did you get the lower parts kit?  I think Nordic is all sold out.  Hell, where did you get the upper?  S&J still have some I think.
View Quote
The lower guts were sourced from behind tool chests

And the upper was from Wolverine. They should be listing them in the next couple months, though I was told they're being sold on LRB lowers.

Still...they'll be cheaper than the last batch
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What?  You mean they’re only going to be sell them as complete guns with an LRB lower?  Who the hell is going to want to buy them that way?  I could see if they used CC lowers with N1 stocks.  Took me forever to track down a CC lower with the caliber on it.  Comes with free spraybomb paint job.

How much was the upper?  S&J have them for $725 incl Diemaco BCG and charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What?  You mean they're only going to be sell them as complete guns with an LRB lower?  Who the hell is going to want to buy them that way?  I could see if they used CC lowers with N1 stocks.  Took me forever to track down a CC lower with the caliber on it.  Comes with free spraybomb paint job.

How much was the upper?  S&J have them for $725 incl Diemaco BCG and charging handle.
View Quote
That's what I was told, but if they do or not, we'll see.

I paid $500, and am currently waiting for an email from Valley Guns in Pet about a stripped lower.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Why Valley Guns?  Last CC lower I saw there was $350.  Nordic still has them for $250 or are you looking for 5.56mm marked?

$500 for upper with BCG?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why Valley Guns?  Last CC lower I saw there was $350.  Nordic still has them for $250 or are you looking for 5.56mm marked?

$500 for upper with BCG?
View Quote
They've got stripped 5.56 marked lowers listed at $224 online, so I figured why not?

And yes, $500 For upper/CH/BCG.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF?  So Wolverine confirmed getting a large shipment but said they’ve been reserved for a project.  Still trying to convince them to sell me one.

That’s a damn good price.  The cheapest by a long shot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WTF?  So Wolverine confirmed getting a large shipment but said they’ve been reserved for a project.  Still trying to convince them to sell me one.

View Quote
Brad will have about 30 in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And yes, $500 For upper/CH/BCG.
View Quote
Damn.

If we can't get them down here as parts, somebody should couple them with crap plastic lowers just to import them as complete firearms. Even if you bought them at $500/retail I'm sure you could turn a decent profit.

They could join my Diemaco party.

Link Posted: 2/22/2018 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who’s Brad?  I mean what store?

Nice collection Kalishnikev101
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Brad from Nordic Marksman. They shipped a few things my way. My last package was a green Elcan scope cover for my C79 optic. An order messed up once, and they quickly resolved the issue (and I took the chance to order something else). Great people and great service!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 2:31:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nordic Marksman.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, they charge a premium though.  There last batch actually wasn’t priced too badly but doesn’t even come close to $500 complete.  Curiously Wolverine denies selling any.

There was a NOS upper in the CGN EE.  Asking price was $1100 with no BCG, crazy but it sold in a day or two.

Found the kits listed on Wolverine.  Had to search Colt Canada, Diemaco gave no results.  $900 and the only usable parts for a clone is the upper.  Everything else is new DD with LRB lower.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, and sold out by the time I realized it this afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The stripped lower arrived today, completing my clone

I'd estimate it's about 75% original parts, with the lower being a new Colt Canada piece and the stock is one of the Colt N1 units used when an original aluminum stock was replaced.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:22:35 AM EDT
[#17]
That's a gorgeous carbine, fine work!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's a gorgeous carbine, fine work!
View Quote
Cheers. I was pretty happy to not only get the Devtek D on everything, but also snagged a set of the old dimpled take-down pins.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks good. Did you get the lower from Valley Guns?  I’m surprised his price was that low.  His last one was $350 and he’s not normally one to make deals. Handguards look a little beat up compared to the rest of the rifle but I’m sure you’ll come across some nicer ones fairly easily.  I like the been there done that look myself.

I just had a 2015 Diemaco lower show up today in the mail.  It has some spray paint to remove but no big deal.  Just need Wolverine to sell me an upper.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks good. Did you get the lower from Valley Guns?  I’m surprised his price was that low.  His last one was $350 and he’s not normally one to make deals. Handguards look a little beat up compared to the rest of the rifle but I’m sure you’ll come across some nicer ones fairly easily.  I like the been there done that look myself.

I just had a 2015 Diemaco lower show up today in the mail.  It has some spray paint to remove but no big deal.  Just need Wolverine to sell me an upper.
View Quote
Yup, lower from VG, BNIB for cheaper than anybody else was asking. The handguards look worse in the pictures, but it's only mottled and not flaking like some I've seen. They fit well with the pistol grip.

There's another lower coming next week that'll be swapped into my other carbine, replacing an Armalite lower I've had for years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's somewhat rare in the US. I'm not saying it is extremely rare, more realistically, no one is willing to sell one online.
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Colt-Canada-Diemaco-rear-sight-BUIS-SOLD/159-1758941/

Damn... Just my luck. Life got in the way and I missed out on it...  
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In the meantime, my parts pile is building up for a lower;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Black_Hawk_169/20180214_185133_zpsveibfiwq.jpg

2 position buffer tube, round buffer weight, Diemaco marked A2 grip, and all the guts from a C8 minus the sear. I went with an N1 stock as the aluminum stocks disappeared pretty quick after their introduction and any surviving pieces go fro $400+
View Quote
Looks like Nordic has a few aluminum stocks back on the store shelves as of recently if you want to pick one up, Lerch. They might not be mint however...

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Early-Vinyl-Acetate-coated-Aluminum-C8-Buttstock.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looks like Nordic has a few aluminum stocks back on the store shelves as of recently if you want to pick one up, Lerch. They might not be mint however...

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Early-Vinyl-Acetate-coated-Aluminum-C8-Buttstock.html
View Quote
"No export outside of Canada."

Good thing or I'd have had a Grade 4 ordered.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much anything Colt related from retailers (Diemaco/Colt Canada as well) doesn't get shipped south of the border. You can thank Colt for that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty content with my N1 stock that I acquired at work, so paying $400+ for a good condition aluminum stock isn't on my to-do list
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Perfectly understandable. Never hurts to put the info out. They are pretty rare, and your build is perfectly clone correct with the fiberglass stock anyway. The original aluminum Colt stocks are hard to find in the US as well.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:47:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pretty much anything Colt related from retailers (Diemaco/Colt Canada as well) doesn't get shipped south of the border. You can thank Colt for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt Canada makes you sign an agreement that you will not export any of it's products out of Canada.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Perfectly understandable. Never hurts to put the info out. They are pretty rare, and your build is perfectly clone correct with the fiberglass stock anyway. The original aluminum Colt stocks are hard to find in the US as well.
View Quote
The rarest stock is the Diemaco marked fibrelite stock.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never seen one.  Do you have a pic to share?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny you mention that, I acquired one years ago. No Devtek D, and modified, but matches yours down to the injection marks on the sides.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/DSCN3181_zpsbzrtt0hm.jpg
View Quote
Wow, I never knew this stock ever existed. Is the locking lever aluminum like the old aluminum CAR stocks?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Found a stamped Diemaco mag...
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:08:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Here's some LE take offs. They were replaced with Trijicon front sights.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/DSCN3191_zpsgi9pquit.jpg

Here's some LE take offs. They were replaced with Trijicon front sights.
View Quote
Any for sale by any chance?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I really wish you had not displayed that Diemaco mag floorplate........now I have yet another unicorn to chase down in my 5.56mm mag collection. Dammit
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I really wish you had not displayed that Diemaco mag floorplate........now I have yet another unicorn to chase down in my 5.56mm mag collection. Dammit
View Quote
#sorrynotsorry

I was actually quite surprised to find one. I'd only seen the old Thermold mags and then the current aluminum mags we're using now, which are only marked with "no export".

Saw this last ex and dug around to find it again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 3:54:15 AM EDT
[#38]

I will take your 1 and raise you 3. LOL. They are only base plates on Labelle magazines, which is now D&H Industries. I did ask the boys a Diemaco about them and they said there was only one large Canadian Forces contract that had Diemaco base plates on them, which makes them rare. Dig through guys parts bins at gun shows, I have been able to find 3 of them over the years. 2 nice ones and 1 beat one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/DSCN3196_zpsbn8tz4xk.jpg

I will take your 1 and raise you 3. LOL. They are only base plates on Labelle magazines, which is now D&H Industries. I did ask the boys a Diemaco about them and they said there was only one large Canadian Forces contract that had Diemaco base plates on them, which makes them rare. Dig through guys parts bins at gun shows, I have been able to find 3 of them over the years. 2 nice ones and 1 beat one.
View Quote
Go figure you've got some, I was about to message you on CGN to see if you'd seen them before. The mag body matches the standard mags we've got, just the plate is different. That said, I'm gonna watch for anymore and keep a couple plates in my drawer to swap around.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#40]
The only time I’ve noticed Diemaco marked floor plates they were on grey Teflon mags instead of the usual black Teflon.  I don’t know if that’s just a coincidence or what.  I always assumed they were meant for an LE contract or something as the Forces have always used black mags and the grey ones are few and far between.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top