Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 1:14:02 PM EDT
I bought a bulk pack of mags from DSG. I know these are D&H mags with DSG floorplates. I love the look of these floor plates over palmettos floorplates.

Do D&H use an adhesive before spot welding their magazines? I’m not sure what this stuff is at the seam.

It’s NOT paint. It’s like a clear/blue colored adhesive of some sort.

I just didn’t know if this is standard in manufacturing.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Call D&H and get it straight from the houses mouth.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably teflon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By samuse:
It's probably teflon.
View Quote

Maybe so. I’m going to attempt to clean them later tonight. If it doesn’t come off easy, I’ll see if DSG will exchange them. I know they will get used and scratched over time but I am peticular about products I buy being correct. My thought is if it’s not coated correctly then it may chip off in sections.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tooly:
Call D&H and get it straight from the houses mouth.
View Quote

I called them earlier in the week for some different floor plates for the palmetto state armory mags but they said I had to email sales as that wasn’t a normal item. I don’t expect the lady who picks up the phone to know this specific answer so I went ahead and emailed sales this morning for floor plates and to see what they thought of this stuff at the seam.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By samuse:
It's probably teflon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like sloppy finish.  I don't know if they would consider it a defect or not.

This is a BCM mag.  Same mfg.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By waynelte:

I called them earlier in the week for some different floor plates for the palmetto state armory mags but they said I had to email sales as that wasn’t a normal item. I don’t expect the lady who picks up the phone to know this specific answer so I went ahead and emailed sales this morning for floor plates and to see what they thought of this stuff at the seam.
View Quote

I can't stand palmetto. I did the same thing...got had to get rid of those damn floor plates. Lol.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Seen similar on Teflon mags. Have seen some with what looks like white powder at the overlap also. Can't say I gave it any thought after noticing it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]

I called them earlier in the week for some different floor plates for the palmetto state armory mags but they said I had to email sales as that wasn’t a normal item. I don’t expect the lady who picks up the phone to know this specific answer so I went ahead and emailed sales this morning for floor plates and to see what they thought of this stuff at the seam.
View Quote

You got a number for sales? I need a replacement spring for a 308 magazine. Actually, I want to buy a dozen.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Does the mag function properly?  If so, why bother?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:

You got a number for sales? I need a replacement spring for a 308 magazine. Actually, I want to buy a dozen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You got a number for sales? I need a replacement spring for a 308 magazine. Actually, I want to buy a dozen.

This is the number i was given 803-608-2231. You can also email them at [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 0100010:
Does the mag function properly?  If so, why bother?
View Quote

Because i like form and function, not just function. Also i paid for the item to be 100%, not 99%. If they advertised the mags as blemished in the item description then i would have no leg to stand on. I don't mind blemished items but those were bought on purpose. These were sold as new, not blemished mags.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Straight from the horses mouth.

The D&H Logo mags are shipped to various distributors for retail sale.   Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to sell directly to the public, nor do we sell just floorplates.     Contact your local retailer, and they can order our magazines from Zanders.  

We do not use adhesive in the welding process.  What you see at the seam is a by-product of the anodizing process.   The bodies are welded, and then we confirm the dimensions and weld integrity,  before shipping them off to be anodized.    Random samples are sacrificed in destructive testing, as part of the QC process.

The aluminum has been anodized, but the color did not take at that spot.   It is cosmetic, and does not affect function or durability.

Anodizing did not take in that location.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Straight from the horses mouth.

Anodizing did not take in that location.
View Quote

Hmmmm
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#15]

This is the number i was given 803-608-2231. You can also email them at [email protected]
View All Quotes

This is the number i was given 803-608-2231. You can also email them at [email protected]

THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Straight from the horses mouth.

The D&H Logo mags are shipped to various distributors for retail sale.   Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to sell directly to the public, nor do we sell just floorplates.     Contact your local retailer, and they can order our magazines from Zanders.   

We do not use adhesive in the welding process.  What you see at the seam is a by-product of the anodizing process.   The bodies are welded, and then we confirm the dimensions and weld integrity,  before shipping them off to be anodized.    Random samples are sacrificed in destructive testing, as part of the QC process.

The aluminum has been anodized, but the color did not take at that spot.   It is cosmetic, and does not affect function or durability.

Anodizing did not take in that location.
View Quote

A non-issue. And it’s not the anodizing that did not take, it’s the dye in the anodizing solution. A totally inconsequential non-issue. Shoot it, use it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#17]
If you want better looking mags buy Okay Surefeed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I can't stand palmetto. I did the same thing...got had to get rid of those damn floor plates. Lol.
View Quote

Magpul ranger plates work well
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t like the look of them. D&H doesn’t have mag plates to sell and neither does anyone else. I’ll just wait til I find something for sale used some day.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Have seen the Magpul Ranger L floor plates?

https://i.imgur.com/bFqCofb.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don’t like the look of them. D&H doesn’t have mag plates to sell and neither does anyone else. I’ll just wait til I find something for sale used some day.

Have seen the Magpul Ranger L floor plates?

https://i.imgur.com/bFqCofb.jpg

Yeah they look fine to me, even color coded if you need that feature.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top