Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2022 4:44:41 PM EDT

American Tactical Parts:
AR15 OMNI HYBRID STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER (Inexpensive but futuristic, good for .22LR and it has the ribbing on front of magwell like original. Canto Arms also has a nice lower for these builds but about $100 more.)

Canto Arms Parts:
RTB 9mm / 22LR True Slick Side Upper Receiver
1/2" Steel Crush Washer for AR15 Barrel
AR-15 Mil-Spec Receiver End Plate
Black Dog Machine X Form 10-Round Magazine, .22LR
Complete AR-15 Mil Spec Lower Parts Kit (LPK)
Han Solo Blaster DL-44 Muzzle Device - Flash Hider, 1/2-28 Threaded - Black Hardcoat
2 Pcs, 1 Slot 45 Degree Offset Rail Mount
Barrel Nut/Barrel Shroud Set
CMMG Barrel and Bolt Group Kit, 4.5? MT 4140CM - Stainless Steel

Omaha Outdoors:
CMMG End Cap .22LR

Optics Planet:
Ultradot 25 Generation II, Black, 1in, UD25B-G2

Kalashnicarver Customs:
Han Solo DL44 pistol Grip FOR AR

CH was a milspec I had in my parts pile. I stripped the anodizing and polished it.

Threw a couple of old UTG rail covers on the top that I had laying around.

~ $1015.00 Total Build
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

I like it!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! A buddy is building one. I think the plan is to go with the Canto grip, although yours looks nice. Managed to snag him a 4.5" barrel during the few minutes JBO had them in stock recently. Any thoughts about dropping a binary trigger into it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s awesome
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! A buddy is building one. I think the plan is to go with the Canto grip, although yours looks nice. Managed to snag him a 4.5" barrel during the few minutes JBO had them in stock recently. Any thoughts about dropping a binary trigger into it?
View Quote

I've definitely thought about it. I've got one in my AR-22 rifle and one in my AR-9 Pistol, so I might have to try it out. With such a small mag though, it would go quickly, lol.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've definitely thought about it. I've got one in my AR-22 rifle and one in my AR-9 Pistol, so I might have to try it out. With such a small mag though, it would go quickly, lol.
View Quote

Haha, yup, 25s empty pretty fast. Can always hang BDs 50 round drum under it. Have you looked at the BoreBuddy bolt weight to cut down on bolt bounce? You've not dumped nearly enough money into it yet. ;-)
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd just be stoked if I could find a flush fit .22LR magazine for it, lol. That's a 10 round BD magazine, and it's way bigger than you need for 10 rounds of .22LR, so I figure there must be a way to convert one to a flush fit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Haha, yup, 25s empty pretty fast. Can always hang BDs 50 round drum under it. Have you looked at the BoreBuddy bolt weight to cut down on bolt bounce? You've not dumped nearly enough money into it yet. ;-)
View Quote

Yes! I have their drum on my AR-22 rifle, and it is FUN on binary!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Curious as to the reason for the offset scope mount.  Do you shoot it all gangsta-like then

Always love seeing the blaster builds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Curious as to the reason for the offset scope mount.  Do you shoot it all gangsta-like then

View Quote

lol, no, just trying to stay close to the original design. I read that the offset didn't work well if you used a magnified optic, but with a red dot it actually feels pretty natural, however, I haven't tried to zero it yet either, lol.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sure why, Hollywood? The movie props appear to have the "motion sensitive scope" mounted that way.

DL-44 Heavy Blaster
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why, Hollywood? The movie props appear to have the "motion sensitive scope" mounted that way.

DL-44 Heavy Blaster
View Quote

Well that explains it, ha.

Hollywood doesn't need to make sense
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd just be stoked if I could find a flush fit .22LR magazine for it, lol. That's a 10 round BD magazine, and it's way bigger than you need for 10 rounds of .22LR, so I figure there must be a way to convert one to a flush fit.
View Quote

Some discussion on shortimags and modding to make your own here.  That short CMMG mag looks pretty close...
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Some discussion on shortimags and modding to make your own here.  That short CMMG mag looks pretty close...
View Quote

Thanks for the link! Will pass that along to an interested party. One ought to have at least one "authentic" looking mag for a Blaster.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
UPDATE - I was able to modify one of my Blackdog magazines:

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the way

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top