Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2022 9:10:29 AM EDT
I’m noticing that DD rifles from about 2019 don’t have a forging mark on their lower receivers and also their raised fencing around the magazine release is a bit different from mil-spec. I know DD used to use Cerro, Anchor Harvey, etc, but why are there no forging marks on the lower receiver now? Did DD start using some proprietary forging now?

Also, it’s just the lower that doesn’t have the forge mark now. The upper still has it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
DD INDUSTRY FORUM

Best place to find out for sure.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
No forge mark on mine but it’s an old 5.56mm marked lower.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m noticing that DD rifles from about 2019 don’t have a forging mark on their lower receivers and also their raised fencing around the magazine release is a bit different from mil-spec. I know DD used to use Cerro, Anchor Harvey, etc, but why are there no forging marks on the lower receiver now? Did DD start using some proprietary forging now?

Also, it’s just the lower that doesn’t have the forge mark now. The upper still has it.
View Quote

One of the specified locations for the forger's mark is on the web of the grip.  In that location it gets machined off.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there DD lowers that do have forge marks?  

I don't think I've ever seen a forge mark on a lower.  Not even on an 80%.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Outriginally Posted By Hoplophile:
I don't think I've ever seen a forge mark on a lower.  Not even on an 80%.
View Quote

Usually removed while machining.

I've had Colt, Spikes, and Anderson with the Cerro forge marking still intact.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel like lowers with forge marks are a rarity. I don't think any of mine have them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Just bought a MK18 directly from DD a couple weeks ago.  Has Anchor Harvey forge mark.  Both of my Andro’s have Brass Aluminum markings.

Edit.  I missed you were talking about lowers.  I’ve never seen a lower with a forging mark.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
The current DD lower's fencing around the mag release is unique and not seen on other ARs. Isn't that fencing directly on the raw forging? What forging would have this style of fencing?

https://ibb.co/kJGxfyM

Note that the 6920's fencing rear side is vertical.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top