Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 10:02:56 AM EDT
Since my stroke (at only 56, now 58, was caused by high carb food), I lack the hand strength to put some DD panels on my DD RIS II rail for my  M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone. Any ideas to make things easier? Additionally, can one cut down  a full size panel to be a 4 rib without damage to the 1913 interface? I want panels to all around where the rail would normally be sharp. I only wish to expose the places where an accessory might be.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear you are better....

The DD rails should be made out of a flexiable rubber compound that can be cut easy.    I use a safety razor blade, like what you use in a window scraper.  Put the covers on one side of the rail and if possible push on the other side....or if that does not work, bring it to a local gun shop and I am sure they would be happy to do this for you.

Let us know if you need more help

I would try to get it off before cutting the panel

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they can be cut to accommodate picitinny rail accessories.

Rubber ladder rails are an alternative  to consider.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If you screw them up or just need some extra I have the full set that came with mine I ain't never gonna use IM me and I'll send them your way hoss......Good to hear you recovered
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top