Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2021 1:50:01 PM EDT
Hi guys, I'm looking for buying a new DD M4A1 RIS II.  I found it "in stock" on Charlie's Custom Clones website. https://charliescustomclones.com/daniel-defense-m4a1-straight-ris-rail-block-2-socom-black/

Does anyone have any experience with this dealer ? Have any of you ever bought a DD RIS II from them ?  Their website says that all products are 100% authentic. Is it true ?  
Here the statement on the product page :

"This is an authentic Daniel Defense, vintage offering.  The black RIS rails are no longer made in the M4A1 length.  When Charlie's finds a black M4A1 RIS-II rail, we buy it.  Often from collectors.  We inspect each one, and only provide new or near new.  Most of the time, we have the box, sometimes we do not. All Daniel Defense RIS rails sold by Charlie's include all hardware (screws, barrel nut and color matching RIS hex-ring).  Installation wrench is not included, but offered for sale."

I hope to receive some of your opinions on this topic...

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Given their reputation alone, I wouldn't buy a thing from CCCs.

Google some reviews.

Eta: (Saw this the other day)...

I guess money buys a seat at any table these days:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Please don't give Charlies Custom Clones your hard earned dollars. It's likely not in stock and you'll have to wait to get it, and likely be threatened to be sued if you try to ask for a refund or chargeback on your credit card.

Here you go OP. 10 FDE and 5 Black in stock.

Use code BXHTEF for 5% off

DD RIS II Rails

edit: lol @ the lie in Charlies product description. No longer made but they are in stock places. Riiiiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#4]
charlies custom clones is trash unfortunately.  Cannot believe they are a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
charlies custom clones is trash unfortunately.  Cannot believe they are a site sponsor.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

Exactly
View Quote

Well...at least I'm not alone there....
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi guys, I'm looking for buying a new DD M4A1 RIS II.  I found it "in stock" on Charlie's Custom Clones website. https://charliescustomclones.com/daniel-defense-m4a1-straight-ris-rail-block-2-socom-black/

Does anyone have any experience with this dealer ? Have any of you ever bought a DD RIS II from them ?  Their website says that all products are 100% authentic. Is it true ?  
Here the statement on the product page :

"This is an authentic Daniel Defense, vintage offering.  The black RIS rails are no longer made in the M4A1 length.  When Charlie's finds a black M4A1 RIS-II rail, we buy it.  Often from collectors.  We inspect each one, and only provide new or near new.  Most of the time, we have the box, sometimes we do not. All Daniel Defense RIS rails sold by Charlie's include all hardware (screws, barrel nut and color matching RIS hex-ring).  Installation wrench is not included, but offered for sale."

I hope to receive some of your opinions on this topic...

Thanks
View Quote

It wouldn't hurt to call them and ask if you placed an order how soon they could ship it out. I'm going to say it is HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that they actually have it in stock. If they do, definitely order it as the backlog time is quite possibly months from now.

As far as if it is "authentic" I want to say no. The black rails are in fact DD brand and they are authentic in that capacity but in terms of a M4a1 clone that you're looking for, no. It would be FDE and with the FDE model it has all the proper NSN and Cage codes on them. I have a black Mk18 rail and it only has a cage code printed on it. The M4a1 and Mk18 rails I have in FDE all comes with proper NSN and Cage code markings as per the military version.

If you sign up to be Notified on sites like Brownells, midwayusa, etc you can easily get the M4a1 upper that you want. I managed to get a stripped M4a1 from Brownells just a couple of months ago just luckily one day browsing.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My one and only purchase with them last month was abysmal. Horrible company. Stay far away.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately they became a site sponsor but that’s beside the point... They will gladly take your money for something that is “in stock” just to give you the runaround for why they can’t ship it to you yet.

My personal experience was when I ordered a colt lower. They gladly took my money right away and after about 5 weeks of excuses about FFL stuff I finally got someone on the phone and was told my lower was “crushed in an accident” but I could wait for another come in and will be first in line or get store credit. Got my money refunded and ran and haven’t heard good in all the gun groups since.

It’s obvious that they mark mostly everything in stock and probably look for the item once they have your money in hopes of getting it to you before you would cancel, the Optics Planet method of business.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#10]
There has got to be a vetting process before becoming a site sponsor, right?

Looking at the banner as I type this, their name is gone

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s on the sponsor banner at the bottom of the pages.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Positioning changes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does their check clear? That's the vetting process.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I've done several orders through Charlies, no issues. And they send neat update and ship emails.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I would order from primaryarms before CCC.

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
There is the solution and $200 plus dollars cheaper.

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would order from primaryarms before CCC.

View Quote

Same here, I had my fill of Charlie's last year. They showed they had a Geisselle URGI upper in stock, they didn't hesitate to take my money in minutes, then the stock status magically changed to "backorder" so, after a couple months I asked for a refund, they kept giving me the runaround about why they couldn't refund me my money. So I decided to light a fire under their ass, so I disputed the charge with my bank. Then I got my money back. I will never do business with them again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same here, I had my fill of Charlie's last year. They showed they had a Geisselle URGI upper in stock, they didn't hesitate to take my money in minutes, then the stock status magically changed to "backorder" so, after a couple months I asked for a refund, they kept giving me the runaround about why they couldn't refund me my money. So I decided to light a fire under their ass, so I disputed the charge with my bank. Then I got my money back. I will never do business with them again.
View Quote

Common happening there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 3:54:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Midway USA had these in stock a few days ago, they will still let you back order one. CCC is $200 overpriced also, they must have super special DD rails...If you keep up with Thoroughbred Armament they have used and salty rails hit the web store from time to time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top