Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2021 3:53:08 PM EDT
https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product/creedmoor-5-point-56-nato-75-grain-hpbt-ammunition-in-lc-brass-200-ct/creedmoor

Anyone have hands on experience with this ammo? According to the website, this is loaded with Hornady HPBT projectiles in Lake City brass. Are the Hornady bullets used the T2, or just a standard match hollow point? How is the accuracy, velocity, and overall performance as compared to Frontier 75 grain 5.56?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not shot any. But my gut instinct is that these are not the T2 75 hpbt, but the Hornady Match 75 hpbt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not shot any. But my gut instinct is that these are not the T2 75 hpbt, but the Hornady Match 75 hpbt.
View Quote

You're probably right; having the T2 projectile would be a big selling point, and they would have listed it as such.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The T2 has about the same terminal performance as the T1 and T1(c), so don't let the fact that it's not the T2 hold you back.

The purpose of ogive change for the T2 had nothing to do with terminal performance; it was just to enhance feeding on M4 feed ramps.
View Quote

Excellent info; much appreciated.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top