Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2021 5:55:07 PM EDT
I have been working on my 7.5 inch pistol build for a bit now.  When I started it was a complete Rarebreed Samurai lower minus the stock. The upper is a BCA side charger .223 wylde.  I bought a Strike Industries viper pdw brace. I added a CMMG muzzle brake.  I intended to use the Rarebreed frt trigger on this pistol but couldn't get it to work with the brace. So I put in a drop in Timney I  had. So finally the other day I had time to get out and try the pistol. It shot 3 rounds and jam, now it is consistently shot and jam. The round is not coming out before trying to load the next.  The tests I've done are:

Bolt catch works.

The extractor grabs each round right off and every round when done manually.

Changed the mag.

Switched to the original length carbine buffer tube with buffer.

The gun ran before but I just can't figure out what is the deal now as I don't see a muzzle brake and trigger being the issue.  Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
A whole lot going on. Rule out the mag first. Then I would look at the gas. Remove the gas block and be sure it is aligned well. That is a start.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I did remove the gas block and tube last night. No obstructions, don't have many rounds thru it but wiped it down and oile. Going to try again in a few hours.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did remove the gas block and tube last night. No obstructions, don't have many rounds thru it but wiped it down and oile. Going to try again in a few hours.
View Quote
Gotcha, seems strange it ran well before. I have had bad luck with BCA and being over gassed. @TigWelder1971 has a link with trouble shooting but I cannot remember where it is.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the bolt lock back on an empty mag after last round?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the extractor also grabs the round as soon as I bring the bolt back by hand.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, the extractor also grabs the round as soon as I bring the bolt back by hand.
View Quote

So the bolt removes the spent case from the chamber but doesn't kick it out of the receiver?  Is the ejector spring intact?  If you push on the ejector plunger does it return when you release it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
How do I post pictures?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I am guessing it is good cause I can keep pulling back the charger and it will feed and kick out every round that way.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How do I post pictures?
View Quote

This is a tad dated but remains very close to current steps. Much quicker and easier than appears:

If using Windows, I recommend downloading and installing this little piece of software to resize your photo unless you already use something else. This one is very simple. 

https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

Some photos don't require resizing and some do. Hate it when someone posts a pic the size of Texas. You can resize in most hosting services but this is a handy tool for all photos that you use for other purposes other than forums. 

Once installed, you can right click on any photo and going down a bit in the drop down menu, left click on "resize pictures". This opens a resize window. 

Select the first radio button which is the "small" size recommended for forums. Don't worry, it won't be real small. 

In the method I'm showing you, it will use your same file name with the additional (small) added to it. Now you have the original and the new small pic. 

I would suggest using a hosting service such as Imgur. Sign up to it and then proceed. Within any photo hosting service your personal settings will include things such as who you give access to your pics, etc. Might want to take care of your preferences once you upload a pic or two. 

Go to and open imgur.com. Log in to Imgur. Click your Imgur name in upper right. Select [Images].

Left click "Add images". A new window will appear. 

Left click "browse your computer". 

In the new window showing your files, go find the pic, select it and click open at bottom right corner of window or simply double-click the file / image. 

In a matter of seconds the new photo will appear. 

To the right of the new photo is a column of options. 

Go down to the choice titled BBCode (message boards & forums)  See included photo at bottom.

To the right of that particular option, left click on "Copy". 

Come back to this forum and open a text window. Say what you have to say. Hit return once or twice. 

Right click and in the drop down menu, click paste. 

Finish up with selecting Submit Reply. 

Very easy. 

If you use another tool for resizing, it's best to use the size 854x480 pixels.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Well a cleaning and lube didn't help.  Next step is switching uppers and lowers around.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is a tad dated but remains very close to current steps.
View Quote

Yeah definitely dated , was looking for the tab to just pull it right from my phone . Lol. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Switched around uppers and lowers and it has something to do with the upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top