AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2020 6:14:40 PM EDT
Quick Tip: Correct Positioning of Red Dot Sights
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The very first Army issued SOPMOD Trijicon RX01NSN manual put it all the way forward on the rail next to the FSB.

Forward end of the upper receiver is the best compromise in my personal experience for proper eye relief, target acquisition.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no one “correct” position.  What is right for each user is going to vary depending on user preference balancing ability to pick up the dot quickly against peripheral vision around the optic and field of view within the optic.

That said, I prefer mounting a red dot as far forward on the upper receiver (not out on the rail) as the receiver permits while keeping all of the mount on the receiver.  Not on the rail, not bridging the rail. That is the best compromise for me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer closer to my eyeball which, for whatever reason, gives me quicker target acquisition. Even closer, I have no issue with field of view (2-eye) regarding movement.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer mounting as far back as possible, very close to the eye. This gives you a larger field if view through the glass, and causes the rim to basically disappear instead of obscuring part of your view as it does if both eyes can see it.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top