Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2021 4:00:13 PM EDT
I'd like to convert my 6944 upper to the piston version P0923.
Sharkarms has the BCG's for sale fairly often, but I can't locate the rest of the parts I need. Does anyone know where these parts can be located?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'd like to convert my 6944 upper to the piston version P0923.
Sharkarms has the BCG's for sale fairly often, but I can't locate the rest of the parts I need. Does anyone know where these parts can be located?
View Quote

Why??

There has always been a lack of parts available for the Colt piston guns. I remember awhile back a member was seeking help to find replacement piston rings for his carbine.
Colt was unable to help, and I believe he is left with a non functioning gun.

I’d leave it as is.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why??

There has always been a lack of parts available for the Colt piston guns. I remember awhile back a member was seeking help to find replacement piston rings for his carbine.
Colt was unable to help, and I believe he is left with a non functioning gun.

I’d leave it as is.
View Quote

The correct answer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Why? Because I want too... I've got several AR's that are not part of my usual rotation and I just wanted something different.
Thanks for your time.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Replacing the pinned GB would be a PITA..
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
As mentioned...yeah, you can occasionally find some parts, but finding a gas block, piston, the piston rings, etc...good luck. Colt barely sold them when the gun was in production; they might still have some parts kicking around their floor for repair/replacement purposes on customer/contract guns, but other than that you'll just never find all the parts you need.

Having owned a 6940P..other than "neat" and a pretty good gun by itself, it really didn't have the features you actually needed on a piston gun; namely the ability to run in a suppressed setting. The whole point of a piston gun in an AR format was for the edge cases of running lots of ammo quickly with a can on; something the standard layout doesn't really do very well, but the piston version chugs right along with.

It's a shame, the rifle itself was actually IMO one of the better piston versions out there...it was just missing what it really needed to succeed, and they didn't have much interest in making it succeed in the first place it seems.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top