Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 1:26:37 PM EDT
Has anyone seen a rollmark from one of these models that had the colt pony in the middle of the circle as apposed to connected to the bottom of it?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
All of the ones I’ve seen have the globe connected to the circle as opposed to inside it like on the Xm16e1’s
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of the ones I’ve seen have the globe connected to the circle as opposed to inside it like on the Xm16e1’s
View Quote

Kinda interesting to be honest. I also saw a picture today of a half fence Air Force gau5 with it connected to the bottom and it didn’t have the buffer tube roll pin hole on at least the left side of the lower
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kinda interesting to be honest. I also saw a picture today of a half fence Air Force gau5 with it connected to the bottom and it didn’t have the buffer tube roll pin hole on at least the left side of the lower
View Quote

I’ve actually seen XM16E1’s that only had the buffer tube roll pin hole on 1 side too

ETA:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Interesting_XM16E1_Demilled_Receiver/123-641779/
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
They are the new style globe. There were some early GAU5A's that were simply marked with the old floating pony and

Cal 223
SERIAL blah blah

but the actual production run of these guns all had the same logo at top, the rest under it was different.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’ve actually seen XM16E1’s that only had the buffer tube roll pin hole on 1 side too

ETA:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Interesting_XM16E1_Demilled_Receiver/123-641779/
View Quote

I have a picture of a xm177e1 that only have the buffer tube roll pin hole on the right side
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a picture of a xm177e1 that only have the buffer tube roll pin hole on the right side
View Quote

Half or full fence?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Half or full fence?
View Quote

Full Fence

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top