Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2018 6:30:32 PM EDT
Anyone ever order parts from Combat Armory? They have good deals and it's 15% off and free shipping right now. I'm putting together a cheap AR15 for friends to shoot at my range from parts lying around. I have everything but. Bcg and lpk. Does anyone know if the BCG from Combat Armory is worth a damn? I mean it's on $50 shipped and the lpk is only $33 shipped. Is it MIM? Who machines their bcg?

Any info would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, if you can wait a couple weeks you can get known quality BCG's (like Toolcraft) along with other parts on Black Friday sales.  Right now you can get Toolcraft BCG's for less than $68 here and they are proven quality.
https://www.armorally.com/shop/toolcraft_5-56_nato_black_nitride_bolt_carrier_group/

BCG's and Barrels are not items that I would get from an unknown source.  LPK's are a close third.

I would guess based on similarities that most of their stuff is from Bear Creek Arsenal.  Some are ok with Bear Creek.  Some aren't.  I lean towards the latter due to hit or miss quality.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard to beat this deal from RTB- and they are an Industry partner to Arfcom:

Toolcraft Nitride BCG + Aero Precision Assembled Upper Receiver  $129.99

Mine will be in tomorrow

Always good to have a spare upper around anyway.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I only run toolcraft bcg and aero precision lpk along with Ballistic Advantage barrels. I have a spare BA barrel lying around and an Anderson lower I got for $30 and an upper from digital ar products. I was just wondering if the crap from CA was usable. Like I said it's a cheap loaner for when friends wanna plink on my range.

These uppers btw are really nice! I only use AERO receivers for my builds but I'll buy cheap on sale stuff for throw together loaners.

https://digitals-ar-products.com/collections/upper-receivers/products/ar-15-assembled-forged-a3-upper-receiver-w-m4-feed-ramps
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I've ordered from CA a few times now.

The first experience was pretty damn terrible to be honest.  Piss poor communication and when I did get to talk to someone, I got the "your order will be going out today/tomorrow, etc", except that it never happened.  I did eventually get the items I ordered.

I'm trying really hard to be someone who wants to gives people and places second chances, so I ordered again from CA, and they handled my next order exponentially better than the first.

Then I ordered again.... and again.... and again.

I've got some really good deals from them (mainly purchasing complete firearms, and not parts).
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top