Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2022 5:00:10 PM EDT
Is Colt no longer marking their bolts? I picked up a new AR15A4 earlier this month and the only markings on the bolt or BCG is a "C" stamp on the carrier. Nothing on the bolt.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Some aren’t.  Some are marked so faintly you have to hold it to light a certain way to see it.

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some aren’t.  Some are marked so faintly you have to hold it to light a certain way to see it.

View Quote

I've been trying to hold it every possible way to see if it is just the light/sheen/tooling marks/whatever and I can't make out anything on the bolt body.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at several at local shops Q1 of this year that had no markings on the bolts.

Seen a few simply marked MP as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The faint marking ones not only needs light sometimes. Two bolts I have you have to use light and a magnifier on them to find the markings. The markings on mine were there just everything had to be right to see them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The faint marking ones not only needs light sometimes. Two bolts I have you have to use light and a magnifier on them to find the markings. The markings on mine were there just everything had to be right to see them.
View Quote

I've got another new Colt BCG and the only marking is a "C" on the carrier, and no marking on the bolt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
my last colt bolt i got is tough to see.
definitely a colt bolt (had to seriously look for it, but there is a C) and i somewhat remember a thread on them and the markings being faint.
midway $64 last year, good sale they had.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top