Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 1:02:10 PM EDT
Hello there,

I did not know where to post this thread so I went with Retro. I have a lead on a Colt SP1 registered receiver and I am not familiar with the people who did the conversion.
The conversion was done by: [b]Eldridge Vance Greer/b]. If anyone has any info about these folks please let me know. Also what should I look for when determining whether the conversion was good or not.

Thanks,
Mark Iacovetta
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello there,

I did not know where to post this thread so I went with Retro. I have a lead on a Colt SP1 registered receiver and I am not familiar with the people who did the conversion.
The conversion was done by: [b]Eldridge Vance Greer/b]. If anyone has any info about these folks please let me know. Also what should I look for when determining whether the conversion was good or not.

Thanks,
Mark Iacovetta
View Quote

It could easily be a one off, as in a personal conversion, and that is the name of the guy that converted it for himself.  Personally, I would not purchase a converted rifle without test firing it, or at least observing a video of it being fired.  Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree.
Since you wouldn't buy a car without test driving it, do the same.
As this will cost the same as a nicer used car, the seller should let you fire it, Quality ammo, your mags.
That being said there are M-16 smiths that can turn a sows ear into a sil\k purse.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree.
Since you wouldn't buy a car without test driving it, do the same.
As this will cost the same as a nicer used car, the seller should let you fire it, Quality ammo, your mags.
That being said there are M-16 smiths that can turn a sows ear into a sil\k purse.
View Quote

This. If the price is right you can always get it fixed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Out of curiosity, is it a drilled receiver or a married DIAS?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top