Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2023 6:00:21 PM EDT
Any place to get the large screw large pin for the front pushpin on the sp1? It is large pin all the way through and has a large screw head on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello

There is one on gunbroker.. in the search window type ..Colt sp1 parts .... when the page loads , scroll down until you see it.. has .315 in the description.. this is what your looking for.. hope this helps.. eagle20.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this one .315? He seems to list one every week.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/976602745
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
PM me if you still need, I have spares
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

PM sent.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

PM sent.  Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent.  Thanks!

It's in the mail
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's in the mail
View Quote

Got it, boss!  Thanks again, much appreciated!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Colt SP1 lower I'm trying to mate with an old Colt 6700 upper. Both the upper and the lower have the large front pivot pin holes. Do I need a .312 or .315 pivot pin?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Colt SP1 lower I'm trying to mate with an old Colt 6700 upper. Both the upper and the lower have the large front pivot pin holes. Do I need a .312 or .315 pivot pin?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Would this work? I'm wondering where the detention interfaces in the joint to keep it from slipping out.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-receivers-parts/m16-model-601-lower-receiver-pivot-pin/
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Would this work? I'm wondering where the detention interfaces in the joint to keep it from slipping out.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-receivers-parts/m16-model-601-lower-receiver-pivot-pin/
View Quote

I think you may have to have the upper that has a recess cut into one side of the front lug for that pin. Also I think it it .250".

Here is a pic of a pin that used to be sold as a quick pin for the old .315" front pin slab sided Colt. Have not seen them on a site for many years.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think you may have to have the upper that has a recess cut into one side of the front lug for that pin. Also I think it it .250".

Here is a pic of a pin that used to be sold as a quick pin for the old .315" front pin slab sided Colt. Have not seen them on a site for many years.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1642/oldpin1_JPG-2825987.JPG
View Quote

FWIW, I found that one to be problemmatic, since the ball bearing doesn't fully retract, it scored the inside of my receiver hole every time I inserted/removed, giving it a place to crack. I ended up with the KNS pin:
https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/push-button-pivot-pin-315-dia/

It is a little tricky to remove, but saves wear and tear on the lower.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Even though it looks used I only installed it once and then put it in a jar loose with other stuff. Ball seats easily blow the pin on this one I just didn't like it.

I bought a KNS rear pin once and it was too short for the balls to extend fully and lock in on the lower I bought it for.

Surprisingly I just saw one at Amherst military depot when I was looking for something else. A little different looking than my pic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I appreciate the help, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Even though it looks used I only installed it once and then put it in a jar loose with other stuff. Ball seats easily blow the pin on this one I just didn't like it.

I bought a KNS rear pin once and it was too short for the balls to extend fully and lock in on the lower I bought it for.

Surprisingly I just saw one at Amherst military depot when I was looking for something else. A little different looking than my pic.
View Quote

I noticed the same problem with the KNS rear on a receiver, however it fit perfectly fine on another.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top