User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
With Colt ceasing civilian sales of most of its firearms , came across a guy at my FFL who has a few 2013 model Colt LE 6920 AR15s. These are not marked 'property of US goverment' or anything, just plain simple LE 6920 from 2013, he had hoarded up and is now selling. He is asking $1,250 for them.

What are the going opinions on these as a collectible? This is not going to be first (or last AR) and frankly I have many better ones including custom made ones. This would be actually the worst shooting one and at the bottom of the pile as far as shootability goes. Only buy because of the Colt name and future rarity. What would you do? Buy this or use the money towards something else non-AR like the CZ Bren 2 or any of the other offerings around there?
View Quote
collectible as going up in value like say Russian AKs no... that said what it will do is hold its value. I’ve owned around 8 Colt ARs over the years. I buy them shoot them until I decide I want something else. I always end up selling them for as much or more than I originally paid. Otherwise they are good guns and do what they are supposed to out of the box.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one yesterday from a Colt LE dealer for $995.  They are still shipping to LE dealers and there is no manufacturer restrictions or requirements to provide LE Id like Glock's blue label pistols.  I have owned 3 other Colts in the past.  One HBAR and two LE6920's and I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the finish on this current production rifle.  

Do I consider a current Colt to be collectable? No, but it will be assembled per the TDP and use parts that are made to a base line spec that at least meets the TDP.  Is the Technical Data Package the last word? Of course not, but like OEM Glock parts in a duty weapon there is comfort in knowing that the parts had to meet a standard of quality.  That alone gives me a warm fuzzy since this will be my goto rifle.

Wilki
Orlando FL
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy silver
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What about the Mexican Government marked Colt LE 6920’s that we’re being sold for about $650 a couple of years ago?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about the Mexican Government marked Colt LE 6920’s that we’re being sold for about $650 a couple of years ago?
View Quote

I think those have real potential to be collectable. I wonder how many were sold.

Wilki
Orlando FL
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think those have real potential to be collectable. I wonder how many were sold.

Wilki
Orlando FL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilki
Orlando FL

I do kinda regret not picking up one of those when they were available. I'm not interested enough to pay a premium for one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I do kinda regret not picking up one of those when they were available. I'm not interested enough to pay a premium for one.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder, if there are not "pre-collectable", why are the lowers so expensive when you can find one?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder, if there are not "pre-collectable", why are the lowers so expensive when you can find one?
View Quote

I guess because they're kinda scarce at the moment.

I'm parting together a couple of 6920s and the uppers were so cheap that paying $500 for the lower still has me at under $1K for the whole thing, new.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine is pretty collectable, but only because it is decked out in milsurp and because I mounted another Colt to it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Very Nice! Congratulations on a fine example.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I love mine. It's very reliable and durable AR. Also, it's ten times easier to clean than any other AR I've dealt with. Chromed barrel is a huge plus for me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a couple HBARS from colt for 2200 each at the begining of the crime bill in 94..   think those are worth that now ???
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mine is pretty collectable, but only because it is decked out in milsurp and because I mounted another Colt to it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74831/20200526_170547_jpg-1435167.JPG
View Quote

Nice rifle but the only thing about it “collectible” is the m203 and that might even be debatable about being collectible vs. just holding a decent value.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top