Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2022 8:07:48 PM EDT
Is there any reputable dealers out there that might have Colt m16a1 barrel assemblies and furniture?  I can find exactly what I need from a few places other then out of stock :/
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
original or new production?  if you're looking for original, i haven't seen any dealer have any in quantity in many years.  you'll have to find one on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
original or new production?  if you're looking for original, i haven't seen any dealer have any in quantity in many years.  you'll have to find one on the secondary market.
View Quote

Yes original, and that's what I was afraid of...they used to be out there...they are somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes original, and that's what I was afraid of...they used to be out there...they are somewhere.
View Quote

it's been years since i have seen a dealer list anything of quantity.  maybe a decade ago, some dealers would run across some NOS or used uppers but it's been a long time that any quantity of original retro barrels have been listed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, those Colt M16A1 parts are still out there, but not at the prices I’m willing to pay….  I’m glad that I bought one of those NIW Colt M16A1 complete uppers that CDNN was selling around 2007/2008 for a future project.

The days of cheap or even reasonable prices on USGI M16/M16A1 parts are long gone, especially on USGI 1/12 twist barrels.  I would place an WTB ad in the Equipment Exchange…. Christmas is over and the bills are now coming in, so I’d bet some people will start to unload their extra stuff about right now.

Apex has some USGI M16A1 parts, but they came from somewhere in SE Asia I think, but most of those parts are pretty dogged out.  

Good luck in your search!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one Of them from cdnn back in the day. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I got in on that CDNN sale of what were labeled SP1 uppers years back.  They were actually M16 uppers.  Somehow, my barrel and upper got separated...

Paladin
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top