Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2018 12:12:50 PM EDT
I’m considering a retro-ish build using Brownell’s A1 reproduction handguards. Brownell’s retro furniture comes in black, green, and brown. I’m wondering if anyone here knows if either the green or brown are a decent match to other brands colors such as Cavalry’s C1 buttstocks or any of the colored furniture offered by Magpul and other makers. The black is a no-brainer, but I haven’t seen any photo comparisons of the other colors. Comparing individual photos doesn’t help much as they will have different lighting conditions which can make a big difference in judging color. If anyone here could post a picture comparing the Brownell stuff alongside some other popular colors that would be great and appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Just mask and paint everything to match? That’s what most people do here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what color Brownells was shooting for, but in both the brown and green furniture's cases, I haven't seen a photo of them that look close to anything.

I would buy a full set of black and paint it the color you want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quite frankly, I would not buy the CavMfg C1 stock. First off, it is not a correctly designed E type stock. You would be better off finding a real E type stock or buying the Brownells D type repro stock depending on what type of build you are doing. You can, as others have said, paint it whatever color you are wanting. Personally, I would buy the black and leave it at that.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top