Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 11:20:27 AM EDT
Been lookin at the carbon fiber handguard options. Anyone have experience with coda evolution?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my lightweight build, it's fine. M-Lok slots aren't perfect and the screws for the handguard to mount to the trunnion are less than stellar. 3 of the ones on mine have been scraped and I have to epoxy them out sometime soon.

I vastly prefer the Smoke Composites I recently picked up for my newest build. While it doesn't have nearly as much M-Lok slots, the quality is better.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one on my lightweight build, it's fine. M-Lok slots aren't perfect and the screws for the handguard to mount to the trunnion are less than stellar. 3 of the ones on mine have been scraped and I have to epoxy them out sometime soon.

I vastly prefer the Smoke Composites I recently picked up for my newest build. While it doesn't have nearly as much M-Lok slots, the quality is better.
View Quote

All of this.  The Coda hardware is light duty bullshit.  Smoke Composites is a far superior option.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]
How does Lancer and faxon (I can't find either in stock currently) compare to smoke ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does Lancer and faxon (I can't find either in stock currently) compare to smoke ?
View Quote

Ian talks about the Faxon carbon fiber handguard here:

WWSD: Pencil Barrel and Carbon Fiber Free Float Tube
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top