Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2019 11:22:17 AM EDT
Anyone have any suggestions on how to clean off the green loctite adhesive supplied from Midwest Industries. Last year I installed a 15" G3M rail and applied the adhesive to the barrel nut. Decided to put the handguard on a different build and want to apply new adhesive. The adhesive is just hard and  dried up and can't seem to clean it off.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like for that application, they used the Loctite 680 which is used when joining cylindrically-shaped objects within one another and not on threads as in a "threadlocker". Best describes as an adhesive. If so, go here and scroll down to "For Disassembly". Works great but I've never had a need to remove it. Loctite 680 Removal
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
After rereading your post, it appears you have direct access to the green adhesive? If so and to avoid a potential mess, go directly with a wire brush, wheel, dremel, etc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like for that application, they used the Loctite 680 which is used when joining cylindrically-shaped objects within one another and not on threads as in a "threadlocker". Best describes as an adhesive. If so, go here and scroll down to "For Disassembly". Works great but I've never had a need to remove it. Loctite 680 Removal
View Quote
Awesome thank you for the link.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After rereading your post, it appears you have direct access to the green adhesive? If so and to avoid a potential mess, go directly with a wire brush, wheel, dremel, etc.
View Quote
I have some left over from the original package. Would you suggest a steel or brass wire brush to prevent damaging the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd go brass regardless of nut material. Should knock it right out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd go brass regardless of nut material. Should knock it right out.
View Quote
Perfect. Thank you
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Perfect. Thank you
View Quote
You bet. Post results whenever (please).
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP shoot me an email and I’ll make sure you get taken care of.

[email protected]

Thank You
Andy
MI
View Quote
Will do. Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top