Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2023 5:08:34 PM EDT
Im building an AR with the a2 FSB, .625
I ordered one and it doesn't have any taper pin holes and no threads for a set screw. Should i get it threaded or just buy a clamp on a2 gas block?

The barrel is a faxon gunner barrel
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Drilling/tapping the holes is not difficult.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
John Thomas @ Retro Arms Works did mine. Mailed on Monday, returned on Thursday. Prices are reasonable and the work is top shelf. You may have a good AR Smith near you though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drilling/tapping the holes is not difficult.
View Quote
I just did this on an old Ruger Billet FSB and was surprised how well it held, I could not budge it and if I tried hard would probably damage something. It was a dissy mock up
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The taper pin holes have to be drilled/reamed on a virgin FSB and barrel. Not difficult if you have a drill press, fixturing is the only real challenge.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
You could get a YHM or PRI gas block that clamps on and folds.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I second adco, they do great work and have pinned mine
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#8]
taper pin is bomb-proof and works decent. clamp on is my preferred if possible as it seals best and deforms bore the least, and set screw is last resort and convenient
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Adco for the win. Next time order the barrel with FSB already installed. I know I know, never in stock when you need them.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top