Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2022 7:05:40 PM EDT
So I made an order on CherryBalmz website on 5/9/22. This is my second order; the first one a few months ago arrived. It took a little longer than I prefer but other than that it went fine. This time however, I have still not received my order nor have I received an email with any type of shipping notification. i emailed them 5/25 and again on 5/27 politely asking them the status  of my order, and to two of their listed emails. No answer. Anyone else have any issues with them lately? I am on the verge of submitting a claim with paypal (not sure of the time window has passed yet). I can deal with shipping issues now and again so long as the business will communicate with me but when your email server works well enough to send me marketing emails but I get crickets when I have an issue that doesn't look good. Not sure if this is the right place for this but I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues and warn any other potential customers.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I can understand a business being out of product but still showing it as available on their site, still allowing me to complete the transaction, taking my money in the process, and then not replying to my inquiries is not cool. They had sent me an email saying basically they were having supply issues and I better get some while I could, so I immediately did just that. Only a few hours after the email was sent. Anyways, thanks for showing me that link it was actually the exact email I received.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Mods, I copied my post over to the thread linked above as I felt it was more appropriate there. Feel free to close this one
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh. Just go with something else.  There are no magic oils.  Use whatever you have available.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, just use canola oil...
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I can understand a business being out of product but still showing it as available on their site, still allowing me to complete the transaction, taking my money in the process, and then not replying to my inquiries is not cool. They had sent me an email saying basically they were having supply issues and I better get some while I could, so I immediately did just that. Only a few hours after the email was sent. Anyways, thanks for showing me that link it was actually the exact email I received.
View Quote

They are a small business. I don't know if he's doing it now with them being out of their product but it used to be if you waited a long time he'd send a free bottle along with the order. Again not sure if he'll be doing that with the supplier issue he's having.

Overall though they'll mail it. Just wait and you'll get it. Never a good idea to buy cherrybalmz if you need something right now. Always buy when you're about to run out.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a similar one, CherryBallz - I find it quite nice, give em a try
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Posted in the linked thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I had read or saw this thread before placing my order. I read an interview on ar15junkie and figured I would support a small business. Placed order. Money cleared. No anything from CB. This was on July 2nd. Wait a week, nothing. Did a search and found several threads where folks waited months and months or haven’t received anything.. disputed through PayPal. Also ar15junkie nicely updated his interview with info about  issues. The end of the day, I am all for small business. But don’t take my money if there is no way product will be shipped in a reasonable time. Or at least say as much on the site. Not everyone reads this site religiously to see the updates.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
cherryballz
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
You can still buy Cherrybalmz products, it's just being marketed under a different company, and called snake oil with a few recipe changes like color for instance.

Still in stock. @Duffy

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you ArizonaRifleman.

Snake Oil is slightly different from Black Rifle Balm, it's the newer and slightly improved version Dallas had been working on, and he got it right while making a version of the Black Rifle Balm for us.

Snake Oil started life as a gag product to troll people that called us snake oil, then it became a real product.  We didn't want to put just anything in a bottle with a snake and duck logo, so we put what we believe is the best heavy grease in it.

While Black Rifle Balm is going out of production, the ingredients used for Snake Oil are not affected, thus we will continue to offer it, still made by Cherry Balm
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Hm, why didn't you call it duck fat?
I may have to try some. Will you offer it in larger bottles, or maybe a squeeze bottle?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]
We want the lube to be in old fashioned glass bottles, the larger size uses an ink bottle.  Probably won't have it in plastic bottles, Snake Oil is for home/shop use
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Get some jack hammer grease and call it good?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Well....shit.  Their site is still up and accepting orders as of 8/1/22.  Guessing I may as well dispute with PayPal then, probably not going to hear back from the email inquiry I sent?
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Have you heard from Dallas at all? Seems odd he is ghosting tons of buyers for 5+ months without a peep.

@Duffy
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll send this thread link to Dallas, not sure if he still has an account though, he's dropped out of social media for a long time now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Any updates on this?  I got no hard feelings about supply issues but tried all the email addresses on their website today and bot bounce backs from each one.  Are they just dead in the water at this point?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any updates on this?  I got no hard feelings about supply issues but tried all the email addresses on their website today and bot bounce backs from each one.  Are they just dead in the water at this point?
View Quote

Check the linked GD thread above. If you ordered BRB, you will likely receive something else.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks.  What a shitshow.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I can’t find my emails, but I placed an order for 6 just after the announcement.   I received my order with a week or so.  I’ll consider myself lucky it seems.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top