Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2021 11:09:44 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Last night I installed my warcomp. Followed surefires instructions to a tee. Have proper torque value and rocksett. This morning when I was looking at it I noticed one of the shims is not completely centerd and sticks out just a bit. The muzzle device looks to be sitting completely flat but I am OCD about this stuff so just wanted a second opinion. At somepoint I will be mounting a can so I want to make sure it is good to go.

So what do you guys think? If it's flat and I followed the instructions to a tee should I not be worried about it?

Imgur link if pic doesn't load right

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You are GTG.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are GTG.
View Quote

Awesome, ty
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of mine are like that....GTG

Believe it or not, but there are shims and there are quality shims...

I mic all of mine and the ones that come with my Deadair are usually off....on thickness, ID and OD

The best I have found and most consistent are from Brownells, their house brew.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Functionally fine.  Would bug me.  Mine's pinned so I made sure that all the shims were perfect and it took a couple tries.  If yours isn't pinned there's no reason you can't back it off, adjust, and retorque.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What position did you end up timing the Warcomp at ?  Just curious.

And if you have a suppressor alignment rod , I would check the alignment just for my own peace of mind , prior to suppressor use.
View Quote

Appreciate the responses. Surefire told me it should be OK but to make sure to check it with an alignment rod before firing suppressed which I will do.

I timed it for right hand shooting. So 6 ports up 6 ports to the right and the gun shoots beautifully. It seems to even kick less then muzzle brake I had on it before which was really surprising to me. Today I shot off a barricade with an eotech and 4x magnifier rapid fire to 50 yards and 100 yards and I was really happy with how the rifle preformed. I was worried that it would mess up being able to shoot off hand but it was totally fine even using my left hand for a few shots.

It's a great muzzle device, no flash and no ping that I have seen some people run into with the 3 prong flash hiders. I am very happy with my decision to switch to the warcomp from my muzzle brake. I have turned my saint victor from a bench gun to a battle rifle over the past few weeks and I am really happy with how it turned out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top