BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Will there be any more anodized 80% lowers between now then?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
That's great. I just got some friends and family into building their own ARs
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Finally getting my mini mill together and the 80% lower market goes haywire. Dang libs.
I have 2 raw lowers I picked up for 29 each last year that I wanted to use as my first attempts for practice.

I wanted to order anodized from there on out but best I’ve found is a 5 pack for 300.

I don’t know whether to pay these prices or wait this thing out. Anyone seen better?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a couple of EP Armory plastic 80% for practice, do your aluminums after you've done a couple.  Or just practice on wood.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally getting my mini mill together and the 80% lower market goes haywire. Dang libs.
I have 2 raw lowers I picked up for 29 each last year that I wanted to use as my first attempts for practice.

I wanted to order anodized from there on out but best I've found is a 5 pack for 300.

I don't know whether to pay these prices or wait this thing out. Anyone seen better?
View Quote
You could always try here. (sold out right now )
I totally understand the need to support our Industry Partners and use them whenever possible. But when the Partners are out of stock or prices are considerably lower elsewhere for the same product......
From what I have read, there are only a handful of companies doing the forging and a handful more doing the cutting/anodizing so the quality is pretty equal across the board no matter who you buy from.
This has been my experience and I have cut lowers from almost a dozen different vendors, including the vendor I linked above.
In fact the only lower I've ever purchased that was out of spec was a stripped Anderson- not an 80%.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks! That is a good price by current standards but I wonder if it will be the same once available again.

I’ll keep an eye on those.

And yes, the first place I checked was our industry arfcom partner above, I’d also prefer to do business there but he’s currently OOS also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
He wants anodized.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Tig! PM sent
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Ended up ordering 6 from 80% @ 60 each.
Even if they go down in the future it’s not a huge hit in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the help everyone! Now to get that DRO installed and start practicing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Getting ready to build my first AR. Went with American Made Tactical for my 80% lower and stripped upper, both in raw finish. $45 for the lower, engraved with Fire/Safe and $41 for upper and $12.75 shipping for me. I have zero experience with building ARs and don't know much about quality of parts from different sources. However, these pieces look good to me, and they fit together nicely.

https://americanmadetactical.com/product/80-lower-ar-15-raw-receiver/

https://americanmadetactical.com/product/ar-15-stripped-upper-raw/
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Thunder tactical has anodized in stock for $40 a piece + shipping.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Getting ready to build my first AR. Went with American Made Tactical for my 80% lower and stripped upper, both in raw finish. $45 for the lower, engraved with Fire/Safe and $41 for upper and $12.75 shipping for me. I have zero experience with building ARs and don't know much about quality of parts from different sources. However, these pieces look good to me, and they fit together nicely.

https://americanmadetactical.com/product/80-lower-ar-15-raw-receiver/

https://americanmadetactical.com/product/ar-15-stripped-upper-raw/
View Quote
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Great 1st post.  Got any Lego's?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Welcome to ARFCOM.  Great 1st post.  Got any Lego's?
View Quote
Thanks! Finally got all of my pieces. Will be using a 5D Tactical jig to finish off the lower.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Will the Noreen or any other receivers with the trigger guard built in work on a 5D Tactical jig?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Will the Noreen or any other receivers with the trigger guard built in work on a 5D Tactical jig?
View Quote
I built an AR9 (Glock) that had the trigger guard. You just have to be sure to not drill through the trigger guard when drilling the pilot hole.

Know when to stop.  When the lower is in the jig it is kinda hard to see that area. I used a drill press so that reduces the chance coming in contact with the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Kevlar-reinforced polymer, probably the cheapest 80% lowers out there @ the moment:

http://www.eparmory.com/E-P-ARMORY-ZOMBIE-BLEM-SALE-_p_493.html

http://www.eparmory.com/E-P-ARMORY-PINK-BLEM-SALE_p_491.html

$20 per blem 80% lower, $10 shipping.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What kind of logos would you guys like to see? We’re getting ready to start working on adding to the list
View Quote
I know this has been awhile back but I want to say a couple things here.  First up I would love if you guys offered logos on the left side of the receiver instead of the right - traditionally almost ALL Ar15 manufacturers have put their logos on the left side and left the right blank or at the most put their wording on the right side so all these logos on the right side just looks strange to me.  That isn't to say I wouldn't order a couple if you had more logo options but I really think you should offer to engrave the left side like most all manufacturers do.

One other thing I'd like to point out, I don't know if you still plan on stopping the sale of your 80% lowers now that the price and demand has surged back up (even if it is temporary?) but if you guys do stop selling 80% lowers I would advise you to keep 80% lowers in stock but to only sell them to those who do get engraving work done.  The reason for this is you will get a lot more engraving work when you offer the 80% lower already because it saves the customer from having to pay for shipping from another seller, then pay shipping to you, and then shipping back to him again when he could have just bought the lower straight from you to be engraved.  That doesn't mean you can't offer an option to ship in their own 80% lowers but I think it would be great if you had both options as it would potentially save the customer $15-20 in shipping charges per lower and I'd be much more likely to pay for the engraving option if I could order it directly for cheaper instead of paying multiple shipping charges and dealing with the hassle.  You wouldn't have to sell the 80% lowers seperately like you do now, you could just offer them with engraving only so I don't see how this would impact anything except gain you more sales and save the customer money.

As for logo options I kind of like the more simple designs like a simple Cross, I really like the one offered by Tactical Maching that is called Veritas Aequitas and would buy a few of those if you had them on the left side.  Another cool cross design is the Crusader cross like Spikes offers.  Also the Infidel one you see fairly often isn't too bad either that says INFIDEL in English then below it in Arabic.   Other logos I think would look really great and sell well are Viking styled logos and I'd buy quite a few of them if offered.

Here is a picture of some viking symbols Link to Picture of Symbols
On this one my favorites would be the first 2 up top left, one on far right up top, then on the second row the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th one from the left.  I am a sucker for simple designs and older looking symbols like these.  My personal favorite is the one with 3 triangles together as can be seen in that picture and is called the Valknut.  Most of these symbols are war/battle related and would be appropriate and look great on an AR15.  Here is another image of the 3 triangles that is slightly larger and would probably engrave well Link To Image  I would likely just engrave the part in black so it'd stand out better instead of the part in white.

There are plenty of other ideas as well I just figured I would post a few of my top choices since you asked and will be adding more soon.  I am a big retro fan as well and would love to see the old Colt/GM/H&R/FN logos but know that is unlikely.  It would be especially nice for A2 options with Colt or FN or Balimoy since the receivers are already to A2 spec but am not sure how well these older engravings would even look with the laser engraver.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They do offer anodized- they are OOS right now. Normally it only takes a week or two and they are back in stock.
I usually sign up for the notification right there in the product description and you'll get an email when they have them again.

DS Arms Anodized 80% Lower
View Quote
Back in stock.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top