Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2021 12:45:21 PM EDT
Problem solved.. was due to human stupidity
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Its working perfectly.

You babied it forward.  When you pull the charging handle, you need to release it, not ease it forward.

When you did this from the bolt release - it stripped and chambered the ammo just fine.

Then - when you partially extracted the round, then eased it forward - it wont always fully chamber, and needs the forward assist bumped in this situation.

It looks to me like you are inducing these failures.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Some things to check:
Is the rifle clean and well lubricated:
How many rounds are in the magazine?  Fully loading a magazine puts extra pressure on the last round loaded.  New magazines are not as smooth as they can be; it may just need breaking in.
Try it with only one round in the magazine.  With the magazine loaded with one round, pull the charging handle all the way to the rear and let it go, e.g., sling shot it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The mags and rifle, everything is new so I guess I could be overlooking that. But when I do pull how I'm supposed to, the round goes into the barrell. as shown here:

https://youtu.be/sWyRP5GLg8k
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The mags and rifle, everything is new so I guess I could be overlooking that. But when I do pull how I'm supposed to, the round goes into the barrell. as shown here:

https://youtu.be/sWyRP5GLg8k
View Quote

Nope - you did that wrong in that video as well.

You are clearly riding the charging handle in that video as well.  You hand is literally riding the charging handle the entire time, and is still positioned there when you have eased it forward.

LET GO at the FULL rearward limit of the charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you sir I am retarded.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Problem solved.. was due to human stupidity
View Quote

No, just being human....
It isn't in our genes to know how to run ARs...
You did the smart thing, and asked questions.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top