Page / 34
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:53:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/14/2020 2:55:11 PM EST by mhbaker81]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
great info guys...!

Ill grab a CA gas block..

It would fit on a LaRue barrel ok correct...?
View Quote

It will fit around the .750 gas journal, but the Larue barrel dimples won't line up with the Centurion set screws. The SLR GB7 micro, however, does line up. There's only two set screws on the SLR, whereas the Larue barrel has three dimples. The two screws align to the outer two dimples on the Larue barrel. This is your best bet for mounting a non-Larue gasblock to your barrel, while also fitting under a CMR rail.

(I only know this because the SLR GB7 micro that now lives on a Ballistic Advantage barrel under my CMR rail used to live on a Larue 224 Valkyrie barrel under an equally tight fitting rail. Trust me... I put a ton of research into this.)
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:35:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:

It will fit around the .750 gas journal, but the Larue barrel dimples won't line up with the Centurion set screws. The SLR GB7 micro, however, does line up. There's only two set screws on the SLR, whereas the Larue barrel has three dimples. The two screws align to the outer two dimples on the Larue barrel. This is your best bet for mounting a non-Larue gasblock to your barrel, while also fitting under a CMR rail.

(I only know this because the SLR GB7 micro that now lives on a Ballistic Advantage barrel under my CMR rail used to live on a Larue 224 Valkyrie barrel under an equally tight fitting rail. Trust me... I put a ton of research into this.)
View Quote

Thanks so much.... I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:42:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/10/2021 9:43:31 AM EST by CowboyWubWub]
[instagram][https://www.instagram.com/p/CAJKBT0paO3/?igshid=11rkl73pn00p8[/instagram]

My 12.5” Grendel with an 11” CMR. Took my first deer with it last weekend.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:27:53 PM EST
Any pics of some 308’s with their rail?

Looking at the 11.5 762 rail for a 12.5” project
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 4:34:29 AM EST
Would I be wasting my time trying to fit a geissele gas block under a cmr rail? I already have one on hand and hate to buy another if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:06:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By Atticus1354:
Would I be wasting my time trying to fit a geissele gas block under a cmr rail? I already have one on hand and hate to buy another if I don't have to.
View Quote

Time waste. It will be pressed up against the bottom of the rail.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:46:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/24/2020 11:49:18 AM EST by Atticus1354]
Thanks. I knew that would be the answer and needed someone to confirm it. I'll get a gb when I get the rail.

Follow up question. What is the difference between a tabbed and nontabbed gasblock? Haven't run in to that terminology before.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:58:35 PM EST
Thanks. I knew that would be the answer and needed someone to confirm it. I'll get a gb when I get the rail.

Follow up question. What is the difference between a tabbed and nontabbed gasblock? Haven't run in to that terminology before.
View Quote

Tabbed gasblocks are specific to Centurion barrels. They have a pocket the tab indexes in so that they time correctly and lock up very solid. If you aren't using a Centurion barrel that has the pocket for the tab then you will want their non tabbed gasblock.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:01:20 PM EST

View Quote

Tabbed means there is a tab/notch on the gas block that aligns with a relief cut in the barrel to assure alignment and reduce chance of coming loose.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:20:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/13/2021 4:21:15 PM EST by CowboyWubWub]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
Its a C4...but feels appropriate for this thread nonetheless.

https://i.imgur.com/9a17YUv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/74Q7I8o.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uV2Gq3W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8f29CL9.jpg
View Quote

Hey, what's the width of the rail between the side MLOK sections?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:31:55 PM EST
I just picked up a new 13” (13.64”) cmr MLOK.  

Its going on a Noveske marked Vltor MUR upper.  That upper is a little on the thick side directly behind the barrel nut.    As is the case,   the 2 anti-rotation tabs on the back of the rail hit on the upper and wont properly glove it.

Took me a week just to source both of those parts and dont really want to find another one.  Inletting on the receiver is out.  Last option is to file off the tabs on the rail.  Im thinking by applying some loctite on the smooth side of the barrel nut between it and the rail would help prevent any rotation.

Anyone run into this?

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:47:57 AM EST
Just recently put a 7.62 rail on my aero m5 upper. No go

I just slowly filed and test fitted till it fit snug..

First centurion rail other then a quad...not impressed by this part..a plastic piece...come on...I would of rather have tabs off the rail that I would of filed..
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:23:56 AM EST
I’m thinking about CMR to finish an OEM-2 6920.  

Have a question about anti-rotation.  I see they have a little tab on each side that straddles the receiver, but some have an additional part.  Is that something only on Centurion built uppers, or is it a running change?

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:46:11 AM EST
So someone correct me if I’m wrong,  but I believe that  is their older style CMR rail with the 3 clamping screws.   I just got a new MLOK rail.  It does not have that little piece by the gas tube.  But,  It does have the little anti-rotation ears that extend back onto the receiver.  Unfortunately they hit on mine (Noveske vltor MUR) so thats kind of a pisser offer.

I’m still debating to file those off or not......Maybe putting loctite on the outside of the barrel nut and inside of the rail will ensure no rotation.  Its either that or wait forever and a year for a stripped gen3 upper,  or wait forever and a day for a NSR rail......
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:14:26 AM EST
That might be true about them on the Oder ones.

Just noticed poking at centurion site, the 762 rail is about the only one with this setup.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:39:40 PM EST
Sneaky peaky of a new build

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:45:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By CastorTroy:
https://i.imgur.com/THmGncL.jpg

my 6.5 grendel pistol
View Quote

@CastorTroy

What barrel and rail length is this?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:12:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

@CastorTroy

What barrel and rail length is this?
View Quote
It's a Monster 12" barrel with an 11" rail
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:42:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2021 8:45:20 PM EST by CowboyWubWub]
View Quote

Dumb question. Love the peanut butter.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:54:50 PM EST
Is Centurion going to make any more things?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:05:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By BNW:
Is Centurion going to make any more things?
View Quote

Do you mean new products or are you talking about restocks?  Element Armament and Rooftop Defense both recently restocked on Centurion products.  I picked up a receiver set and they had at least one 13” CMR m-lok in stock.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:51:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/3/2021 11:43:52 PM EST by BNW]
Originally Posted By AAMP84:

Do you mean new products or are you talking about restocks?  Element Armament and Rooftop Defense both recently restocked on Centurion products.  I picked up a receiver set and they had at least one 13” CMR m-lok in stock.
View Quote

restocks, mainly barrels and complete uppers

thought I had email subscriptions everywhere that carries centurion but I guess there are a couple I missed
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:47:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/5/2021 1:13:32 PM EST by Jnat]
Centurion has many rails back in stock as of yesterday......ordered a 12” cmr......hoping my noveske lopro gas block fits.   Might need to mill a little off the bottom.  

Some guys say they fit,  some not.
Page / 34
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top