Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2020 10:51:24 PM EDT
Anyone try Centurion Arms 2 stage trigger they have listed as a option on their site?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone try Centurion Arms 2 stage trigger they have listed as a option on their site?

Thanks
View Quote

Emailed Corrie last night asking if she could relate how the trigger feels , given my experience with G ssa e , sd e , tricon, mbt2s . She said it felt more like the ssa then the ssa e. Also thankfully its not a casset style trigger. At the moment there only offered on the complete lowers but will soon be available to purchase separately. For 100 bucks im going to give one a try.
Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brx123:

Emailed Corrie last night asking if she could relate how the trigger feels , given my experience with G ssa e , sd e , tricon, mbt2s . She said it felt more like the ssa then the ssa e. Also thankfully its not a casset style trigger. At the moment there only offered on the complete lowers but will soon be available to purchase separately. For 100 bucks im going to give one a try.
Hope this helps
View Quote

Good to know, for $100 Id give it a shot once they are released.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have also had discussions with Corrie about this "new" 2 stage trigger CA is offering in lieu of the Geissele option they used to offer.  The "new" trigger is made by  Schmid and the one CA is offering was vetted by Monty from a bunch of various offering available from Schmid.  As I told Corrie, if Monty says it is good to go, then I have no doubt it is in fact a very good trigger.  Centurion Arms in part was forced to make this change in triggers due to the fact that, like everyone else after Geissele's BF sale, they could not get any product from Geissele.  They ran out of triggers  that they had in stock, and thus had to make the change.  I'm not sure if the Geissele option will return or not.  On their website Centurion is offering a new AMTAC line of rifles that do feature the Geissele SSA, so they are getting some from Geissele now, it appears.  I personally think having a $100 2 stage upgrade available is a nice option.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's made by Schmid and is as GTG as Monty says it is...

Coc 6 and tech.  Warning sent.  ~d16man
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI, these triggers are now available for purchase individually on the Centurion Arms website.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up bud
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#7]
That trigger looks identical to the Sionics Enhanced 2-stage, which is also Schmid, down to the springs and everything.

If in fact it is the same trigger I would probably get it from Sionics as it is only 80.00.

Looks like you might be paying a little extra for the cool spear point laser engraving...
http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/lower-receiver-parts/214-bolt-carrier-group-hpmpi-tested-with-np3-carrier.html

Yes I know the link is weird and says bolt carrier group, however it does indeed link to the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The only thing that I would caution anyone about assuming that all Schmid triggers are the same, is that when I talked with Corrie at Centurion Arms, she advised that Monty had tried out several "different" models of Schmid triggers before selecting the one they would offer.  So, it may be that there are different versions of Schmid triggers and that what you buy from one company may not be the same as another.  FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
As soon as mine arrives I'll compare to my G and Larue triggers and let you guys know how it feels.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As soon as mine arrives I'll compare to my G and Larue triggers and let you guys know how it feels.
View Quote

Looking forward to that comparison.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Several vendors sell this trigger. OEM is Schmid iu belive. PSA 2 stage is this too

Google 1005 trigger and you will see a lot of places selling

It seems like a good value but with the Larue MBT2 $80 that would be my choice all day
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the psa 2stage and mbt two totally different animals
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Several vendors sell this trigger. OEM is Schmid iu belive. PSA 2 stage is this too

Google 1005 trigger and you will see a lot of places selling

It seems like a good value but with the Larue MBT2 $80 that would be my choice all day
View Quote

Yep, this is a very common trigger. Neat that Centurion has put their logo on it though I guess.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I got the trigger installed today and ive shot psa 2 stage and this isnt it at all. Its very comparable to a ssa very light first stage a well defined wall . My G ssa e and sd e are a little bit lighter 2nd stage but not by much. The 2nd stage is very smooth the break is very clean , when it breaks you almost dont expect it but im sure with use ill get more use to the break. The reset is short and crisp. For a 100 bucks G better watch out there not far off at all especially not 140 bucks off. Dont get me wrong im a huge G trigger fan but this is really a nice trigger. Id say its even with mbt2s but with a better trigger shoe.

Edit: after playing with it some more the G has a smoother 1st stage but after that it feels like ssa
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got the trigger installed today and ive shot psa 2 stage and this isnt it at all. Its very comparable to a ssa very light first stage a well defined wall . My G ssa e and sd e are a little bit lighter 2nd stage but not by much. The 2nd stage is very smooth the break is very clean , when it breaks you almost dont expect it but im sure with use ill get more use to the break. The reset is short and crisp. For a 100 bucks G better watch out there not far off at all especially not 140 bucks off. Dont get me wrong im a huge G trigger fan but this is really a nice trigger. Id say its even with mbt2s but with a better trigger shoe.
View Quote

Nice to know, Ill have to order one when funds allow. Was going to order a complete rif;e from them but a emergency vet bill came up.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hear that hope you animals are ok.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear that hope you animals are ok.
View Quote

Thanks but had to have it put a sleep, he was a 23 yr old cat of ours.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Im sorry to hear that losing a buddy always sucks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Edit: after playing with it some more the G has a smoother 1st stage but after that it feels like ssa
View Quote

Thank you for the initial thoughts. I’m curious to see how these hold up long term. Especially in a hard use gun. I’m guessing ok considering Monry is putting his name on them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thank you for the initial thoughts. I’m curious to see how these hold up long term. Especially in a hard use gun. I’m guessing ok considering Monry is putting his name on them.
View Quote

No problem at all. Hopefully ill make to the range this comimg week if anything is funky or not ill keep this thread updated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top