Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/19/2018 8:28:37 PM EDT
So I ordered on 6-14-18 a C1 stock, on the 15th I called to see when this would ship ans see if I could get it by Wednesday. I spoke to a gentleman who said he would see if he could get it out that day but Monday for sure. Today I have called twice and sent an email asking for an update but I get nothing but crickets. I checked my bank and don't see any charges.

Are they a reputable company or did I make a mistake ordering from them?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been around forever. Would not worry but likely you wont get your part by the deadline.

I order furniture from them all the time then I wait.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
They've been around since they rose from the ashes of Cavalry Arms.  A bunch of us here on arfcom fell for a "ATF raided me for no reason, so please buy special lowers to fund my defense legal fund" dupe.  I have two "CAV AID" marked Cav MkII lowers.

I think the historical background is that shortly after the owner of Cavalry Arms admitted guilt in federal court, Cav Arms was sold off to an employee who changed the name, continued making the furniture, and got rid of the "making plastic AR lowers" part.  Cav Mfg was grandfathered in as good guys, since we all had positive experiences with Cav Arms before the previous owner's pooh hit the fan.

This is the first I have heard of issues with them, and I recommend their C1 stock to folks often.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They've been around since they rose from the ashes of Cavalry Arms.  A bunch of us here on arfcom fell for a "ATF raided me for no reason, so please buy special lowers to fund my defense legal fund" dupe.  I have two "CAV AID" marked Cav MkII lowers.

I think the historical background is that shortly after the owner of Cavalry Arms admitted guilt in federal court, Cav Arms was sold off to an employee who changed the name, continued making the furniture, and got rid of the "making plastic AR lowers" part.  Cav Mfg was grandfathered in as good guys, since we all had positive experiences with Cav Arms before the previous owner's pooh hit the fan.

This is the first I have heard of issues with them, and I recommend their C1 stock to folks often.
View Quote
Yeah, what he said. It was a shitshow.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never understood did they ship them directly to the guy? I thought he lived in a state that bordered AZ and it was only long guns. Sorry I kinda fell off the map before the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I never understood did they ship them directly to the guy? I thought he lived in a state that bordered AZ and it was only long guns. Sorry I kinda fell off the map before the outcome.
View Quote
Sold them to a guy living in California who would then come over the border to shoot them. Out of state buyer?

But thats under the bridge. Dont associate that mess with Cav Mfg as it is today. I love their furniture and aside from their shipping wait, the gear has been quality.

Although I wish their A1 stock could be updated to accept A2 sling hardware without the gap and for the buttplate to be more like a rubber A1 without the trap door.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sold them to a guy living in California who would then come over the border to shoot them. Out of state buyer?
View Quote
He had valid AZ for the 4473 then was busted for something in PRK. The trace lead to a private FFL of one of the owners.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The old issues should have nothing to do with current business. I have never heard of an issue with them, especially with regard to furniture sales.

And its only been six days so far.
View Quote
I just wondered I can cross into border states to buy long guns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
The owner took a plea because he couldn't afford to fight.  It was a witch hunt.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#10]
So back to my original post, as of last night I tried a couple more times to reach them. This morning I called about 11am eastern time which was about 8am Arizona time and someone finally answered, he got kind of shitty about in being before 9am. (He was the one that answered) I asked him if since I didn't see a charge to my card had they not processed yet and he said that is probably the case. So I canceled the order and paid 20.00 more locally.

Last time I will do business with Cavalry Mfg nor will I ever recommend them.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. PSA has faster shipping, last 3 orders I got 3 days after placing the order.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you can’t wait that long you really need to stay away from Brownell’s
View Quote
...or mail order in general.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That’s not particularly a long wait time.

If you can’t wait that long you really need to stay away from Brownell’s
View Quote
Brownells has my orders to me in the same week if I order early enough (Monday order, Friday delivery) most times.  They are *not* slow.  Maybe they used to be?  I just started using them in the past 3 months or so.  I was all AIM Surplus and MidwayUSA until I found some part in stock I needed at Brownells that wasn't in stock with the others.

I just wait for coupon codes with free shipping.  Maybe the free shipping is faster than normal shipping?

Sorry to hear about the gripey guy at Cav, OP.  If I was him, I just wouldn't have answered the phone, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So back to my original post, as of last night I tried a couple more times to reach them. This morning I called about 11am eastern time which was about 8am Arizona time and someone finally answered, he got kind of shitty about in being before 9am. (He was the one that answered) I asked him if since I didn't see a charge to my card had they not processed yet and he said that is probably the case. So I canceled the order and paid 20.00 more locally.

Last time I will do business with Cavalry Mfg nor will I ever recommend them.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. PSA has faster shipping, last 3 orders I got 3 days after placing the order.
View Quote
I was looking for anA1 stock months back, read on the forum that Cav Arms was a good source....called them mid day their time and I have to say the person I talked to had a real attitude to my basic questions...this was mid week so weekend beer binge should not have been the issue.

Regardless, hung up and move on, purchased a used on the EE

My only experience and more than likely my last

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:32:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But thats under the bridge. Dont associate that mess with Cav Mfg as it is today. I love their furniture and aside from their shipping wait, the gear has been quality.

Although I wish their A1 stock could be updated to accept A2 sling hardware without the gap and for the buttplate to be more like a rubber A1 without the trap door.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a shit show.  I still have a Cav-Aid somewhere.

In a criminal complaint in 2008, ATF agents accused Nealon of illegal-weapons manufacturing for making the receivers. In addition, he was accused of illegal sales and export of other guns and possession of unlicensed firearms.
"To cover up this widespread illegal activity, Cavalry Arms and Nealon have failed to keep records, falsified records and lied to ATF," the complaint states.
The ATF cited violations dating to 2000, including failure to keep a weapons inventory, failure to conduct background checks on at least 25 purchasers and failure to report a multiple-handgun sale.
Another problem: The ATF said Cavalry had outsourced the production of its molded receivers to an unlicensed company.
Following a search of Cavalry's offices and Nealon's Mesa home in 2008, agents said Nealon had illegally sold weapons to out-of-state buyers, more than 40 of those to a California resident who often stored those weapons at Nealon's home.
Those weapons included: nine 9mm handguns, five .45-caliber handguns, five .22-caliber handguns, five .223 rifles, three 12-gauge shotguns, two .38-caliber handguns, two .44-caliber handguns, a .380-caliber handgun, a .308 rifle, a 7.62x39mm rifle, a 5.45x39mm rifle and a .357 rifle.
"Given Cavalry Arms' . . . willingness to falsify records to cover up illegal activities, including illegal sales, it is difficult, if not impossible, to determine exactly how many illegal sales Cavalry Arms and Nealon have made to out-of-state residents," the criminal complaint states.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
More people certain about what happened at Cav Arms and who knew what when.

You will never understand unless the full weight of a government bureaucracy is used against you.
View Quote
Ain't that a fact and to top it off the government is no longer above fabricating evidence against you if they so choose.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top