Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 11:51:19 PM EDT
Does anyone still make one? Looks like the Armalite AR-10A2 has long been discontinued. And used versions command big money. I have a chance to get a an Armalite DEF-10 but I’d want a carry handle and front sight for it. But I can find one anywhere. Am I just out of luck?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've picked up 2 A2 uppers in the last 3 or 4 years. They do show up but not often.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the Armalite website and place yourself on the notification list for when they come in stock again. Once you are notified act immediately or you will be SOL until the next batch is produced.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The A2 is dead.  They still make B series A4 uppers occasionally.  The detachable carry handle/front sight is discontinued as well.  They do come up on gunbroker. The last set I saw on gunbroker sold for less than 200
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to the Armalite website and place yourself on the notification list for when they come in stock again.
View Quote

Yea, Like good luck with that....
Waited years for them to notify me about a flat top -B receiver, but never happened, and I was re-submitting my request annually.
Then one day I go by their site, and they had them listed as being in stock. Jumped on the buy button, but too late....
Never did get a notice, nothing about them being in stock.
So finally said F-it, and machined my carry handle off, and put a Picatinny on.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck on your hunt, I absolutely LOVE my AR10A2. It's worth the effort to find one.

If you want to go even more retro, take a look at the Brownells BRN10, those will go up too imho
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I finally found one after listing in the WTB section. You might give that a try.
Untitled by HD Rider, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I did. Haven't had any luck thus far.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I finally found one after listing in the WTB section. You might give that a try.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50012445098_020babc186_k.jpgUntitled by HD Rider, on Flickr" target="_blank">https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50012445098_020babc186_k.jpgUntitled by HD Rider, on Flickr
View Quote

Not an ArmaLite...
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not an ArmaLite...
View Quote

No, it's a DPMS, I think it came from an AP4 LR-308. It fits perfectly on my Bushmaster XM10. I know the Bushmaster gets a lot of hate but I've had no problems with mine. Its been updated with the Gen 2 extractor & Slash's XH 6.5 oz heavy buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The Armalite and DPMS carry handles will bolt on to either receiver pattern, but be aware that the height of the rear sight plane is dramatically different between the two.  The DPMS is designed for AR15 height sights.  The Armalite is designed for a unique ~0.100" taller sight plane.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I was told by Armalite when I couldn't find a DPMS dch that they would work, but the Armalite needs a hole in top of the receiver for the rear sight. I eventually found a DPMS one and went that route since they were the same as Bushmaster. I haven't tried to install one myself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top