Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Was wondering why the stock quantity of those dropped all of a sudden today.... now I know
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a good deal? I have a little less than that in my all USGI FN A2 upper including a FN BCG and FN Barrel. Maybe I am out of touch on prices now,LOL
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s not an amazing price, but it is fair. 20” govt barrels are a solid $200, A2 uppers $125-175. Its assembled with gas tube and hand guards. You just got a good deal on your FN upper. :)
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a good deal? I have a little less than that in my all USGI FN A2 upper including a FN BCG and FN Barrel. Maybe I am out of touch on prices now,LOL
View Quote
Damn, you got a complete FN A2 upper for less than 375? Send link please.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Damn, you got a complete FN A2 upper for less than 375? Send link please.
View Quote
Gun broker has them for 360 shipped
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
With a bcg and ch? If so, please send a link. I can’t find one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered.  Always wanted an A2.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Never bought mine complete. Bought the complete FN BCG, FN barrel and FN upper receiver separate. I think the Barrel assembly with sight and Delta/Barrel nut was the most expensive at 150.00. FN BCG was right at 100.00 and the FK upper receiver was 40.00. It ss pinned and NM receiver.. I think I built the whole rifle with FN USGI stock, (20.00 at the local show), and BCP A2 clone lower for less than 450.00.

I always find it alot cheaper to be patient and put in the work searching for stuff, and it is fun too.. Bought another FN upper receiver recently too. It was more money though, nice, but 60.00, 20.00 more than the nice NM Pinned upper

These prices make me think my upper is worth gold now
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
@NoMoAMMO   Link?

Found the for $360 plus 30 shipping from hoosierguy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#10]
This was the one I was mentioning. Looks like he sold them all.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine today. It looks good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got mine today. It looks good.
View Quote
Got mine today as well.

plastics are a little beat, which is fine.  The rest looks good.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a real deal colt with glossy handgaurds for cheaper than this in the ee
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a real deal colt with glossy handgaurds for cheaper than this in the ee
View Quote
yours is $45 more than this one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Didn’t see the sale price
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Here are similar FN uppers for $499
https://www.oowinc.com/exclusives/exclusives/fn-m16a4-upper-nos-3/
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:34:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I have both the Capco and the FN uppers, I'm very happy with them. True military uppers for a fair price. Toolcraft BCG's work very well in them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone shot theirs yet?
Just got mine put together last night.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone shot theirs yet?
View Quote
Here's my son hitting steal with my CAPCO upper @200 yards +

Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Neat video. Haven’t shot mine yet.  Probably Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone shot theirs yet?
View Quote
Finally cleaned mine.  I'll get the upper to the range on a non a2 lower in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I hope you guys snagged some of those Capco uppers before they were all sold out! An excellent deal for a true military A2 upper. They run really good with Toolcraft nitride BCG's.

My first A2 build using Capco upper.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Love mine

Military Surplus A2 Upper by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have a current source up an A2 upper complete?  I am having trouble finding any on the Net.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone have a current source up an A2 upper complete?  I am having trouble finding any on the Net.
View Quote

Try calling Chris at SharkArms
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I second that. I got this complete FN / Anchor Harvey upper from Chris last year. He sold out of that batch but is always searching for more. He seems to have gotten a bunch of Colt A1 parts in recently, and he has surplus Colt A2 furniture sets in stock at the moment. Ask him to put you on his list (I think he maintains a big whiteboard or something with people's names and what they're looking for).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Chris at SAC gets some A2's in every now and then and is a pleasure to deal with. As people have said, he's had both FNs and Colts. Not sure if he's had Capco's in at any point.
Those you could find at a few places in the past year or so. Hans at GMI firearms had some Capco's but I think he's all out, he's another cool surplus A2/A4 dealer. Also DOA arms had some as seen in this thread, but they're also OOS.

If you can't get them from those guys then just watch GB, but you'll probably pay a premium. I got a salty Capco upper from GMI Firearms for like 300 and a NOS Colt A2 upper with BCG/CH on GB for about 700. Not sure on the going rate for FN A2's.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Chris at SAC gets some A2's in every now and then and is a pleasure to deal with. As people have said, he's had both FNs and Colts. Not sure if he's had Capco's in at any point.
Those you could find at a few places in the past year or so. Hans at GMI firearms had some Capco's but I think he's all out, he's another cool surplus A2/A4 dealer. Also DOA arms had some as seen in this thread, but they're also OOS.

If you can't get them from those guys then just watch GB, but you'll probably pay a premium. I got a salty Capco upper from GMI Firearms for like 300 and a NOS Colt A2 upper with BCG/CH on GB for about 700. Not sure on the going rate for FN A2's.
View Quote

I got a FN A2 upper and a BCG/CH with FN A2 stock and sling from shark for around $775. Prices will vary, but dealing with Chris is an absolute pleasure. When I made my initial order we chatted on the phone for like an hour.

Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a surplus FN A2 kit - complete upper, stock, and pistol grip - listed on GB for months at $975 that finally sold recently. I think several months ago there were actually two of them listed, so I guess they both sold. That was almost $200 more than buying the components from Shark, as mentioned above, but as always, finding them in stock is the challenge. If GB is the only place you can find it, I can understand someone being willing to pay more to get the complete FN kit. I feel fortunate that I got mine from Chris.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:37:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There was a surplus FN A2 kit - complete upper, stock, and pistol grip - listed on GB for months at $975 that finally sold recently. I think several months ago there were actually two of them listed, so I guess they both sold. That was almost $200 more than buying the components from Shark, as mentioned above, but as always, finding them in stock is the challenge. If GB is the only place you can find it, I can understand someone being willing to pay more to get the complete FN kit. I feel fortunate that I got mine from Chris.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Chris may have some things squirreled away that arent listed on the site. It's worth calling and asking. I cant reiterate enough how awesome of a dude he is.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:41:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I got a FN A2 upper and a BCG/CH with FN A2 stock and sling from shark for around $775. Prices will vary, but dealing with Chris is an absolute pleasure. When I made my initial order we chatted on the phone for like an hour.

Highly recommend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Highly recommend.

Damn that's better pricing than I knew Chris could do! I never wanted to do a clone FN A2 till hearing this

Quoted:

I saw that sitting at that high price. It was on Armslist too. I agree wholeheartedly, Chris at SAC and Hans at GMI are my go-to guys for newer-than-A1 cloning, though Chris has an A1 section on his site now.
The only reason I'd turn down an FN A2 upper from either is because for some weird reason I particularly like the K forged FN uppers...the F K marking looks a lot cooler to me than the F cerro or F anchor harvey markings.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Thank you the lead, I will take a look!
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The only reason I'd turn down an FN A2 upper from either is because for some weird reason I particularly like the K forged FN uppers...the F K marking looks a lot cooler to me than the F cerro or F anchor harvey markings.
View Quote

I completely agree. My understanding, from previous discussion about FN A2s here, is that the FK uppers represent the vast majority of complete rifles that FN delivered to the military. The Cerro and Anchor Harvey uppers, with the stamped (instead of raised) F were produced later, mostly as replacement parts, I believe. I posted some photos here of my Cerro and FK uppers when I swamped them out on the FN upper that I built from components purchased separately. There are at least three variations of FK uppers, but I'm not sure how they fit into the production timeline.

The FN / Anchor Harvey upper from Shark in my photo above will be used on a clone of a late production FN that another member posted photos of a year or so ago. It's the only example I've seen of an FN A2 built with a later "M4" style lower, so that made it easier to clone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Additionally, and, I should have asked this before, can someone recommend a good book on the AR family of rifles for a new guy just getting started?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I completely agree. My understanding, from previous discussion about FN A2s here, is that the FK uppers represent the vast majority of complete rifles that FN delivered to the military. The Cerro and Anchor Harvey uppers, with the stamped (instead of raised) F were produced later, mostly as replacement parts, I believe. I posted some photos here of my Cerro and FK uppers when I swamped them out on the FN upper that I built from components purchased separately. There are at least three variations of FK uppers, but I'm not sure how they fit into the production timeline.

The FN / Anchor Harvey upper from Shark in my photo above will be used on a clone of a late production FN that another member posted photos of a year or so ago. It's the only example I've seen of an FN A2 built with a later "M4" style lower, so that made it easier to clone.
View Quote

Ah, interesting, I did not know that. But it makes some overall sense, looking at other examples. Raised lettering seems to indicate earlier production (ex: raised "C H" forged Colt A1 uppers, raised "CM"/"CMB" forged Colt A2 uppers) while stamped indicates later (ex: stamped "F" on FN A4 uppers, stamped "C" on some Colt A4/M4 uppers). Maybe it is easier or more economical to stamp the letters after the forging than it is to create a forge mold with the raised letters? I wouldn't know.
I'm gonna keep a lookout for an FN "F K" A2 upper, just for the hell of it. Also the fact that the majority of war-time examples would have been "F K" marked makes an even better case for them, aside from just looking cooler. Please post up your FN A2 clone when it's done, no matter which FN upper you decide on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Additionally, and, I should have asked this before, can someone recommend a good book on the AR family of rifles for a new guy just getting started?  Thanks.
View Quote

The internet and this site specifically is better than any book for learning damn near anything.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ah, interesting, I did not know that. But it makes some overall sense, looking at other examples. Raised lettering seems to indicate earlier production (ex: raised "C H" forged Colt A1 uppers, raised "CM"/"CMB" forged Colt A2 uppers) while stamped indicates later (ex: stamped "F" on FN A4 uppers, stamped "C" on some Colt A4/M4 uppers). Maybe it is easier or more economical to stamp the letters after the forging than it is to create a forge mold with the raised letters? I wouldn't know.
View Quote

That’s what I always figured, that the company that forged the upper would have to make specific dies for Colt and FN to produce those receivers, whereas they could simply stamp the F on the forgings later. I upload the photos here of the late production FN A2 with the Anchor Harvey upper. I’m planning to clone a version like that since that style of M4 lower forging is easy to get. I’ll share photos if/when I get it put together.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top