Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/31/2019 8:18:08 PM EDT

Weapon Overview:
Colt Canada’s C20, 7.62 NATO, Semi-Automatic Sniper Weapon was developed to support the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) requirement for an Intermediate Sniper Weapon. In third party tests, the weapon provided better precision and reliability than other products available on the market and is now in the process of being adopted into the CAF small arms fleet. The C20 has been tested and proven to all relevant NATO D/14 standards for safety, functionality in extreme conditions, and endurance, having fired 8,000 rounds with no stoppages. In terms of precision, the C20 achieved an average of .66 MOA over 144 five round groups, collected throughout endurance testing. All groups were shot first round cold with suppressor, using 175gr Federal Gold Medal Match ammunition.

OPTIONS & FEATURES +:
Chrome-lined OR NON Chrome-lined Barrel
Other barrel lengths and calibres can be developed as required
MRR-L Integrated Upper Receiver
46 Slot Continuous MIL-STD-1913 Top Rail
0 MOA or 20 MOA Integral Incline
M-Lok slots in the 3, 6 and 9 O'Clock Positions
Geissele SSA Dual-Stage Trigger
LMT .308 DMR Adjustable Buttstock

CALIBRE
WEIGHT [UNLOADED/NO OPTIC/NO SUPPRESSOR]
OVERALL LENGTH [NO SUPPRESSOR]
BARREL LENGTH
RIFLING [TO DESIGNATED AMMUNITION]
PRECISION
MUZZLE VELOCITY
CYCLING

7.62 x 51 mm NATO
4.1 kg (9.1 lbs)
96.2 cm (38 in)
44.7 cm (18 in)
1 turn in 10 in - 4 groove
0.66 MOA
2400 fps (C181 Ammunition)
SEMI-AUTOMATIC (Expansion Bleed Off)
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s pretty good precision.

It’s also interesting that mounting the scope that way is viable due to the monolithic upper.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty cool.

should have been in 6.5 creedmoor

Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
.66 MOA over 144 five round groups
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle, Sure it will serve them well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Did Magpul design the new stock? OR, Did the Canadians take the PRS design and change it a bit? I like the rifle and stock regardless.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Desire to buy Colt 901 intensifies.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did Magpul design the new stock? OR, Did the Canadians take the PRS design and change it a bit? I like the rifle and stock regardless.
View Quote
I think LMT made the stock
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see. It's a LMT DMR stock. Haden't seen one before, thanks. It's an obvious copy of the PRS.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I see. It's a LMT DMR stock. Haden't seen one before, thanks. It's an obvious copy of the PRS.
View Quote
The LMT DMR stock allowed mounting to a carbine extension, well before the release of the Gen 3 PRS did the same. It also featured 4 integrated QD points, and a rail at the bottom of the stock for mounting a monopod. These features were later added to the Gen 3 PRS.

No doubt the DMR was heavily based on the PRS, but it added useful features that set it apart.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That’s pretty good precision.

It’s also interesting that mounting the scope that way is viable due to the monolithic upper.
View Quote
Why wouldn’t it be?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.coltcanada.com/images/c20-top.jpg?crc=62456476
https://www.coltcanada.com/images/c20-ls.png?crc=285530259
https://www.coltcanada.com/images/c20-rs.png?crc=266138794

Weapon Overview:
Colt Canada’s C20, 7.62 NATO, Semi-Automatic Sniper Weapon was developed to support the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) requirement for an Intermediate Sniper Weapon. In third party tests, the weapon provided better precision and reliability than other products available on the market and is now in the process of being adopted into the CAF small arms fleet. The C20 has been tested and proven to all relevant NATO D/14 standards for safety, functionality in extreme conditions, and endurance, having fired 8,000 rounds with no stoppages. In terms of precision, the C20 achieved an average of .66 MOA over 144 five round groups, collected throughout endurance testing. All groups were shot first round cold with suppressor, using 175gr Federal Gold Medal Match ammunition.

OPTIONS & FEATURES +:
Chrome-lined OR NON Chrome-lined Barrel
Other barrel lengths and calibres can be developed as required
MRR-L Integrated Upper Receiver
46 Slot Continuous MIL-STD-1913 Top Rail
0 MOA or 20 MOA Integral Incline
M-Lok slots in the 3, 6 and 9 O'Clock Positions
Geissele SSA Dual-Stage Trigger
LMT .308 DMR Adjustable Buttstock

CALIBRE
WEIGHT [UNLOADED/NO OPTIC/NO SUPPRESSOR]
OVERALL LENGTH [NO SUPPRESSOR]
BARREL LENGTH
RIFLING [TO DESIGNATED AMMUNITION]
PRECISION
MUZZLE VELOCITY
CYCLING

7.62 x 51 mm NATO
4.1 kg (9.1 lbs)
96.2 cm (38 in)
44.7 cm (18 in)
1 turn in 10 in - 4 groove
0.66 MOA
2400 fps (C181 Ammunition)
SEMI-AUTOMATIC (Expansion Bleed Off)
View Quote
Much want for civilian ourchase
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The LMT DMR stock allowed mounting to a carbine extension, well before the release of the Gen 3 PRS did the same. It also featured 4 integrated QD points, and a rail at the bottom of the stock for mounting a monopod. These features were later added to the Gen 3 PRS.

No doubt the DMR was heavily based on the PRS, but it added useful features that set it apart.
View Quote
The prs had a rail on the bottom from the beginning. This is a blatant RIP off.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Outstanding
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Kinda odd looking.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#17]
GotDamn, hope they release a version of this for us civies...
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The prs had a rail on the bottom from the beginning. This is a blatant RIP off.
View Quote
So you can mount the PRS on a standard RE?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 3:16:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) has introduced a new AR buttstock for 2014. The LMT DMR stock is adjustable by two positions on the extension tube, fits all mil-spec carbine buffer tubes, the cheekweld height is adjustable by 45 positions, and the length of pull is also adjustable by 45 positions. The DMR has a concealed rail for attaching a monopod, four quick-detach (QD) swivel sockets, a SOPMOD cheekrest, and a SOPMOD rubber buttplate.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#23]
seriously, great looking stick and the accuracy seems great
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Colt Canada has some cool stuff that would sell in the US.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I like it.  Wish we had more info (gas port location/size, barrel mfg., suppressor mfg, trigger specs), but it's an interesting receiver setup and I like the mono rail.

Curious about the ambi controls.  Whether they're recessed or not.

I don't get the buzz about the stock, but I understand needing maximum LOP adjustment for a mil weapon.  Otherwise, use a rifle buffer tube and call it good.

ETA: Geissele SAD trigger.

Looks like an adjustable gas block too!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like it.  Wish we had more info (gas port location/size, barrel mfg., suppressor mfg, trigger specs), but it's an interesting receiver setup and I like the mono rail.

I don't get the buzz about the stock, but I understand needing maximum LOP adjustment for a mil weapon.  Otherwise, use a rifle buffer tube and call it good.

View Quote
Barrel manufacturer is... Colt Canada, they hammer forge their own stuff. Receiver is based on the POS LE901

Not an adjustable gas block, just a taller than 'normal' height for use with a straight gas tube.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Receiver set looks proprietary, I wonder if it’s novel enough to not be an AR variant? Is there an FRT? Plans for a civilian version...?
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Barrel manufacturer is... Colt Canada, they hammer forge their own stuff. Receiver is based on the POS LE901

Not an adjustable gas block, just a taller than 'normal' height for use with a straight gas tube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably just an illusion, but it looks like a lever of some sort in the mlock slot above the gas block.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Probably just an illusion, but it looks like a lever of some sort in the mlock slot above the gas block.
View Quote
Most definitely an illusion, had a chance to handle it at CANSEC a few weeks back.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top