Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2022 12:52:39 PM EDT
I plan on throwing a Surefire M600U on my recently finished URG-I clone build. Can't seem to decide on which Arisaka mount between these three.

Inline M-Lok
Offset M-Lok
Side M-Lok

I understand the differences but would like to hear opinions and pros / cons of the different positions? I was leaning towards the 'offset' because of the flexibility but have no experience with inline or side. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You wanting the light at the 10:30 or 1:30 position? Your rail has those offset positions right? If so, I’d use an in-line and attach to those MLOK positions.

Another option is to mount to the top picatinny rail instead. I trust the picatinny rail more than MLOK or keymod.
https://modlite.com/collections/mounts/products/arisaka-offset-scout-mount-picatinny
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The only advantage of the offset mount over the in-line mount is it allows you to mount it at the 10:30ish or 1:30ish position if you don't have 7 sides of mlok slots. If you already have the mlok slots at the 10:30/1:30 position on the rail, I'd go with the in-line mount.

ETA Arisaka also makes the Light Bar for Trex Arms. It's useful if you plan on running a suppressor.

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/Lightbar-Scout-Mount/
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only advantage of the offset mount over the in-line mount is it allows you to mount it at the 10:30ish or 1:30ish position if you don't have 7 sides of mlok slots. If you already have the mlok slots at the 10:30/1:30 position on the rail, I'd go with the in-line mount.

ETA Arisaka also makes the Light Bar for Trex Arms. It's useful if you plan on running a suppressor.

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/Lightbar-Scout-Mount/
View Quote

Very good point. I assume with the inline mount and only running a KAC M4 BUIS, I could mount at 1:30 position without interference? If I through a PEQ style laser on it, the inline mount would need to be moved to 3:00 o'clock position?
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
In my opinion the offset has more advantages. If you properly tightened your mount to the rail it will be very easy to disconnect the mount when you need to maintain the light or swap it to a different rail. With the in-line, you need to remove the cap before you can remove the mount from the rail. Iv seen some cases and believe even more cases of flashlights not working properly is attempting to align the tail cap and turn with the in-line mount in the way. I would rather take the mount off the rail to swap batteries and get a proper grip on the tailcap to retighten before the light goes back on the rail. Also, I don’t believe the in-line mount will get the light any closer to the rail than an offset, the bezel has to clear the rail or front sight in either case. And the closer you have the light to the rail the more shadow you get from the barrel in front of the light. Offset for the win unless you have other needs where an offset wouldn’t work. Ymmv
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Side mount if you'll be mounting a ATPIAL or DBAL on the top rail and wanted the light at the 10 or 2 o'clock position.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I run a bcm mcmr rail on both my carbines.   It’s has mlok all the way around.   I could run an inline mount to keep the light at 1:30, but I run an offset mounted at the three o’clock.  

Reasons:  1.  with an line , the light bezel touches my buis.
2.  With the offset , the flashlight is much easier to remove.   I can simply take the mlok screws out and remove it.   With the inline mount, you have to remove the tailcap to access the mlok screws.

Both mounts put the light at the same spot , neither is really more tucked in.   I prefer the offset for ease of use and faster on/off.   And it still looks clean.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have all 3 versions. The side mounts only point is to be used with a top mounted laser to get the light up as close as possible (which it does a great job of). The offset mount is lighter by a little bit over the in-line and puts the light in the most popular and IMHO best place for rear tailcap activation. The in-line offers a bit more flexibility in mounting over the offset at a slight weight penalty but can put the light in basically the same place as the offset (and more positions).
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of good feedback here. I ended up ordering the inline. If it doesn’t work for me, I’ll try the offset next.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lots of good feedback here. I ended up ordering the inline. If it doesn’t work for me, I’ll try the offset next.
View Quote

What position will you be mounting it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I had an inline mount on my URGI but the back plates on the screws were way too close to the gas block. Like almost touching. Close enough that I was worried about any barrel flex during firing would make contact.
The 3:00 slot provides more clearance so I'm going to try the offset mount.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had an inline mount on my URGI but the back plates on the screws were way too close to the gas block. Like almost touching. Close enough that I was worried about any barrel flex during firing would make contact.
The 3:00 slot provides more clearance so I'm going to try the offset mount.
View Quote

Yeah that’s not good. Which gas block, DD?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah that’s not good. Which gas block, DD?
View Quote

Geissele
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Got the Arisaka in-line mount and my Surefire Scout. I’m kind of surprised the Arisaka mount is just a flat mounting surface. No integrated recoil lugs or mounting shoulder. I know it’s just a light, but my KAC Scout mount I have on my M300C looks way more robust.

Keeping in mind this will go on a hard use carbine, will it hold up fine? Am I overthinking it?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#17]
While an impact/recoil lug interface would be ideal, I’ve yet to hear any reports of the mount failing. And these Arisaka mounts are pretty darn popular with folks who work their guns hard, like Slade of S/C Irregulars.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Side mount if you'll be mounting a ATPIAL or DBAL on the top rail and wanted the light at the 10 or 2 o'clock position.
View Quote

This what I decided for my quad rail and for my MLok MK16, to clear the ATPIAL, but stay up close.

I got two for the quad rails, but need to get one for the MLok.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got the Arisaka in-line mount and my Surefire Scout. I’m kind of surprised the Arisaka mount is just a flat mounting surface. No integrated recoil lugs or mounting shoulder. I know it’s just a light, but my KAC Scout mount I have on my M300C looks way more robust.

Keeping in mind this will go on a hard use carbine, will it hold up fine? Am I overthinking it?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/E3C5CEEF-F0EE-453B-B7D0-6EB91298B7A2_jpe-2342201.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/FD6C0E8A-B5E1-40CF-8DB6-E0877B86B81D_jpe-2342202.JPG
View Quote

That KAC mount looks good.

I've got an M603V, an M600V and an M600U to mount.

The M600U is a mismatch of colored parts, but I can maybe paint it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/E3C5CEEF-F0EE-453B-B7D0-6EB91298B7A2_jpe-2342201.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/311137/FD6C0E8A-B5E1-40CF-8DB6-E0877B86B81D_jpe-2342202.JPG
View Quote

You’re overthinking it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I have the inline mlok and love it. Low profile with an Arisaka m300 anyway.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have all 3 versions. The side mounts only point is to be used with a top mounted laser to get the light up as close as possible (which it does a great job of). The offset mount is lighter by a little bit over the in-line and puts the light in the most popular and IMHO best place for rear tailcap activation. The in-line offers a bit more flexibility in mounting over the offset at a slight weight penalty but can put the light in basically the same place as the offset (and more positions).
View Quote

Also have all 3 and agree with this post.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top