Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2018 1:52:11 AM EDT
These came with a Guatemalan AR10. Haven't ever seen any pouches like these before and wondering if they were actually for AR10 waffle mags. Didn't see any markings on them but there are two variations (one flap has a leather end). Sorry for the potato pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

and pic of AR10s for your time

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Those pouches are Spanish.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a few similar set that I always was told were Portuguese issue. No markings on them other then a few with the solders names on the back.... Like an number of the stocks and and hand grips I have.

PTRS
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Portuguese-issue pouches and they don't look like that.  I have the earlier ones with a pull tab closure (not sure what the actual name for that is; piece of rigid cloth that keeps a loop in place over a staple); later ones have snap closures.  They have lifting straps inside that can be secured by snaps (at least on the early-style pouches) and a tab in the middle to allow attachment of one item using the M1910 system.  They have two belt loops on the back big enough for an M1956 or older equipment or pistol belt and consist of two single pouches permanently attached on a panel.  Different shade of green, too.

Air Force for paratroopers used a copy of the BAR belt (I have an unissued-condition example).  It's a little different from the U.S. and other versions.

If the poster above saying Spanish is correct, then I assume they are for the CETME.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
As bigstick said, those are not Portuguese. I have both the Portuguese airborne BAR-type belt and the m964 pouches, plus pictures of the Fuzileiros web gear, and none are even remotely like those pictured above.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Does any one have an image?

Thx PTRS
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
This is what the early m/64 pouches look like:

The later ones look like this:

Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have a photo of of an original Dutch AR10 mag pouch?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#8]
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786481432
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/786481432
View Quote
That auction is a sham. Most of the pictures are of the pouch! Read the description and "magazine pouch not included"
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That auction is a sham. Most of the pictures are of the pouch! Read the description and "magazine pouch not included"
View Quote
I purchased his PREVIOUS auction, and it said the pouch WAS included.  I am just curious if it is an original AR10 pouch, or a pouch for a similar large magazine
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't know about the auction, but that is a Dutch pouch.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't know about the auction, but that is a Dutch pouch.
View Quote
How common/uncommon are the original Dutch pouches?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How common/uncommon are the original Dutch pouches?
View Quote
Does anybody know?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Educated guess.  But I doubt the Dutch would be outfitting the troops with mag pouches.  When it came to rifle slings, intermediates like Sam Cummins insisted on providing the accessories.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top