BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 11:24:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Performs like 7n6. Will just stick to LC XM193.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's about twice as accurate as LC XM193
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a case of it I bought in 2016 I found this past weekend.  Best looking factory ammo Ive ever seen. Hopefully it shoots well as I cant watch the video right now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
so they have reinvented swiss GP90, just 20 years later.

highly accurate, non-fragmenting, not good for self-defense.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
ps
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/GP90/16-236826/#i1963589

Quoted:
Terminal Ballistics on it are atrocious.

I think I'd prefer to use Wolf over GP90.

We have a member here that has had to use GP90 and it almost cost him his life.

That was me.

It's coincidental that this would be mentioned as the matter happened some years ago and was finally closed (and I can therefore discuss it) earlier this year.

I had TWO, count them TWO failures to stop involving three armed aggressors in the same incident.  In the more grievous of the incidents five shots of GP90 were fired from a 360mm (16") Sig551 at a range of  between 20 and 15 meters.  The exact order of the rounds isn't clear but was believe to be:

saga continues at link above
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:
ps
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/GP90/16-236826/#i1963589

Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Terminal Ballistics on it are atrocious.

I think I'd prefer to use Wolf over GP90.

We have a member here that has had to use GP90 and it almost cost him his life.

That was me.

It's coincidental that this would be mentioned as the matter happened some years ago and was finally closed (and I can therefore discuss it) earlier this year.

I had TWO, count them TWO failures to stop involving three armed aggressors in the same incident.  In the more grievous of the incidents five shots of GP90 were fired from a 360mm (16") Sig551 at a range of  between 20 and 15 meters.  The exact order of the rounds isn't clear but was believe to be:

saga continues at link above
View Quote

Yeah my stash of MEN will be regulated to range ammo, XM193 for stockpiling from here on out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]

we won't know that for sure until someone does 16" and 20" barrel gel shots. Lots of European countries frown on fragmenting rounds because they consider them to be 'inhumane.' Some Scandinavian countries have moved to new lead-free rounds with dual steel cores (like the NAMMO NM255) that do not frag
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Why incapacitate your opponent immediately when you can turn them into a human pincushion so they'll bleed out over the next 10 minutes, and die yourself in the process because your bullet wasn't sufficiently effective? We wouldn't want to deprive anyone of their final thoughts, let's give them some time to think about their life before they expire - it's the humane thing to do.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting result, and not what I would have expected.  Disclaimer, I did buy some of this in both 5.56 & 7.62, and it is damned good looking ammo.  The real reason I bought it though, is because is was "made by MEN in Germany", when listed on SGA, LOL!  That even my my wife laugh when I showed her.  Guess it's range only for me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I think there was a video where Geco 55 grain FMJ 5.56 performed very similar to MEN in gel.   Like someone else mentioned some European countries frown on fragmenting ammo (Hague Convention syndrome).
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MrCrab:
Interesting result, and not what I would have expected.  Disclaimer, I did buy some of this in both 5.56 & 7.62, and it is damned good looking ammo.  The real reason I bought it though, is because is was "made by MEN in Germany", when listed on SGA, LOL!  That even my my wife laugh when I showed her.  Guess it's range only for me.
View Quote

But doesn't the .308 MEN and DAG have a casing that fragments.  I think they call it the "AB22" bullet.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top