Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2021 9:41:09 AM EDT
Hi everyone, just have a few questions for those in the know on the confusing CT "assault weapon" laws. I'm looking at moving to CT because of a almost to good to pass up real estate (house) deal. I used to shoot NRA high power rifle and would be looking to build a CT compliant rifle on a AR platform. I have a few virgin stripped Anderson lowers. Are the Anderson AM-15 lowers legal in CT?

My thoughts were to build a fixed magazine rifle and install a single shot follower since it's one round at a time anyways with NRA high power. Is it legal to convert a lower to fixed magazine by using the permanent magazine lock kit from Cross Armory? or do I need to buy a fixed mag lower like from DSI?  It is my understanding that as long as it has a fixed magazine this is doable? The build would have a standard A2 stock, 20" match barrel with target crown (so no FH or Bayonet lug).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
fixed mag would be difficult in rapids,

IIRC CT (and you may want to visit the High Power section or the CT hometown forum) allows PreBan receivers?

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fixed mag would be difficult in rapids,

IIRC CT (and you may want to visit the High Power section or the CT hometown forum) allows PreBan receivers?

View Quote

Yes, from what I understand they do allow pre-ban receivers at the moment, but it sounds like CT is trying to cut some of the loop holes. I only did the slow fire 200 yard stuff before, so that's what I figured I'd stick with and thought maybe I could build a CT compliant rifle easy enough.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CT HTF
View Quote

Thanks will ask over there as well. Figured I'd ask here since I am building, not buying pre made.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top