Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2018 8:23:19 PM EDT
Got into the .308 scene with a PA10, and been eyeing up mags.
I've read that ASC and CProducts we're iffy. Bought a CProducts off of AIMsurplus and the thing is great. Good construction, solid fit, feeds reliable.
Go to order more, out of stock. Found some on GB, and ordered 5 more.
They are completely different. AIMs had C-Products Defense or something on the floor plate, less glossy finished, and fits perfect.

New mags are CProducts, glossier finish, and need to be jammed into the mag well, and pried out.

What do you say?

Should add for some reason I like aluminum mags over the pmags. I know it's completely unjustified feeling, as I have Magpul 10s and they work fine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Junk , buy Lancer or magpul if your poor .
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
If poor, buy D&H mags. Steel, and they work well. DSG has great price, Brownells also has them. Magpuls have a nasty habit of cracking on the rear of the feed lips.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If poor, buy D&H mags. Steel, and they work well. DSG has great price, Brownells also has them. Magpuls have a nasty habit of cracking on the rear of the feed lips.
View Quote
This is sage advice, follow it or don’t cry to us later if you don’t....
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
D&H mags are Aluminum not steel , the company that makes them now use to make Labelle 30rd mags , early mags had problems with the followers , I have changed all my early GI 30's with the magpul followers including any Labelle mags I still have ,they all work 100% , thats why you hardly see any of them for sale ....
New D&H mags already come with the anti tilt follower , youd be hard pressed to find a better GI type mag for the price ....
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

D&H mags are Aluminum not steel , the company that makes them now use to make Labelle 30rd mags , early mags had problems with the followers , I have changed all my early GI 30's with the magpul followers including any Labelle mags I still have ,they all work 100% , thats why you hardly see any of them for sale ....
New D&H mags already come with the anti tilt follower , youd be hard pressed to find a better GI type mag for the price ....
View Quote
The AR10 type D&H mags I have are steel.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
When did C Products become crap? I've got boxes full and don't have any problems.

When I ordered 7.62x39 mags I couldn't find them so I ended up with ASC. Worthless fucks won't feed reliably at all. Finally found some C Products and they feed like a dream. D&H is GTG also.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry guys the ones I ever had were aluminum didnt know they stopped making them , or made steel ones now , I'll bow out now to the wiser members
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

C Products issues have been well documented here, it went so far into a shithole that they were BANNED! Both as a Vendor and the individual members.

Promises made AND broken, lies, lies, and more lies. Later Chad Panka (banned) was busted Shilling for C Products Defense. Way too much drama.
View Quote
Interdasting. I guess I missed it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#14]
They're good to go.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I use PMAGS and D&H Steel mags out of my M&P10.  
I had two different versions of CProducts mags, and neither were reliable.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I use PMAGS and D&H Steel mags out of my M&P10.  
I had two different versions of CProducts mags, and neither were reliable.
View Quote
Interesting.  I've only used 2018 production mags and haven't had any issues in my BRN-10 and DD V5 FWIW
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Depends on the rifle, when particular magazines were made, and what mags rifles were tested with.

Since there is no common TDP that all of the .308 AR manufacturers/assemblers are working off of, you really have to find out the hard way what mags work if you are working with a home build or new entrant into the market on the large frame guns.

Just because I've had great results with Gen I 7.62x51 PMAGs in my GAP .260 doesn't mean you will have the same results with Gen II PMAGs in your DPMS GII.

A loose rule I've been able to observe and apply is using Lancer 7.62 mags for problem guns, and feeding problems go away, but it's anyone's guess if that works for your parts bash or cheap gun.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Years ago, I ordered some C-products magazines for my 6.5 Grendel that were supposed to be 15 round magazines (same size as a 20 round 5.56 magazine).  I could only jam 13 rounds into them, so I called the company about it.  They said return the magazines.  When I got the magazines back, they held the 15 rounds.  To fix the problem, someone cut off the bottom parts of the legs on the followers.  I thought that was a pretty cheesy way to fix the issue, but the magazines seemed to work OK.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I use Pmags, Lancers and the New version D&H's with the green followers. No problems with any of them in any of my guns.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top