Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2018 11:46:11 AM EDT
Just an FYI, RightToBear has some good deals on 22 parts for Black Friday.  I’ve been shopping for a bolt and 4.5” barrel for awhile, snagged one from them for $220 last night.  That’s the best price I’ve seen in four months.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!

I've been collecting parts for a dedicated 22 for a while now in the background and only needed a barrel and rail to finish it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I got everything to build my 4.5" upper. Mid October and they had the barrel/bolt kit for $229.95.

Props to RTB!  I would definitely deal with them again. Here's what I got:

Attachment Attached File

Also got a cheap hand guard fro Amazon or eBay
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Best part about a 22lr upper is you get to reuse all those handguards you took off your PSA uppers. :D
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got everything to build my 4.5" upper. Mid October and they had the barrel/bolt kit for $229.95.

Props to RTB!  I would definitely deal with them again. Here's what I got:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image_jpg-751925.JPG

View Quote
What sized handguard did you go with?  I would like to have the threads exposed so I can easily change between my can and a thread protector.  Not sure how much barrel is showing with the 4.5”, I’m very impatiently awaiting it’s arrival so I can measure myself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I couldnt find a short enough handgaurd and went with this 7" one.
Attachment Attached File

I figure it will motivate me to get a can for it sooner. My homemade muzzle device is a pice of 3/4" steel conduit epoxied to a threaded adapter.

Not sure on the brand of that handgaurd, if you want to know I can see if I can find out tonight. Like I said, it was from Amazon or eBay.... Probably Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I couldnt find a short enough handgaurd and went with this 7" one.
View Quote
There are more than a few 4 and 5 inch handguards floating around in the $50 range.  But you only get like 1 mlok slot.  They're far too short.  I much prefer a 7" one with a flash can or silencer extending the barrel.  You actually get enough mlok slots to be usable and enough length to grip onto.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I was planning on going with the Fortis Switch 6" rail, in case my can gets stuck I can pop the rail off without tools and get a good grip on it.
Of course Fortis didn't put that model on sale for black Friday.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top