Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 11:28:23 PM EDT
What’s y’alls thoughts on the current crop of AR 22’s? I’m trying to decide what pistol to get and I’d like it to be as compatible with real AR accessories as possible. I’ll throw a can on it (Element, Sparrow SS or Mask) or might even grab another can to dedicate to it because stamps.  I’ll most likely SBR it for real stocks and because again stamps.

I’m leaning towards the Banshee, but I could be talked out of it to save some money if any of the other choices are worth a piss. I like the idea of the Kriss being 10/22 barrel compatible.

The M&P 15 doesn’t really interest me with it being plastic and I already have a 522.

*And of course while I was screwing around doing other stuff before I posted this thread someone posted in another 22 thread I missed.

*Ordered a Burnt Bronze Banshee and way too much shit for it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the CMMG and toss the magazine before you leave the FFL. Order the better mag adapter from redimag and use the m&p 15-22 mags. This gives you a bolt hold open like a normal ar, the mags have the pull tabs to make loading easier, the mags themselves are usually cheaper, and well unlike a lot of the other mags they work.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with the Tippmann...picked it up on Friday.  Havent shot it but already in love with it.  Fit/finish/weight is perfect...now I just have to wait for my can to show up.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the CMMG and toss the magazine before you leave the FFL. Order the better mag adapter from redimag and use the m&p 15-22 mags. This gives you a bolt hold open like a normal ar, the mags have the pull tabs to make loading easier, the mags themselves are usually cheaper, and well unlike a lot of the other mags they work.

View Quote

Will pulling the 15-22 mag after the last round release the bolt forward?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will pulling the 15-22 mag after the last round release the bolt forward?
View Quote

No, the better mag adapter pushed up the bolt hold open lever just like a normal mag. It doesn't hold on the bolt itself like the normal 22 mags do.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered the CMMG from Big Daddy Unlimited, 99 cent sub, and it should be at my dealer by the time I get back to the US.

Now I have to figure out what optic, stock and upgrades I want that’ll work with it and get the Form 1 efiled. Thinking about just going with a CQB Ripstock, but they look like they rattle quite a bit. Probably going to throw a 7” handguard on it to tuck the can and lessen the chance for blisters.

Stock and trigger ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a CMMG 22lr upper and a Better Mag adapter in a lower.  That rifle works with every 22lr I've tried and I've tried plenty.  Never had a malfunction.  Bought it when I was in CA as an AR substitute and while I don't shoot it much it's a great combination.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I really do like the SW 15-22 mags. I do not have the BHO device so I just epoxy a strip of plastic to the SW mag to make it fit nice.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered the mag adapter and some mags.

I got confirmation that my Banshee shipped from BDU. The tracking wasn’t live last time I checked, but it should maKe it to my dealer before I get back to the US.

I still need to decide on an optic and may end up ordering a 7” rail from RTB depending on how tucked my Mask or SS Sparrow is. I’m going to try it with both and see what performs better. I have an Element I might try too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I put this one together:

CMMG 8 inch barrel and 22LR bolt group
Strike industries Warhog compensator
Better Mag adapter and S&W mags
PSA lower

I just need a better red dot sight, but the Fieldsport has been great so far.

It runs like a charm, and eats any 22LR ammo I feed it

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top