Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2023 9:35:51 AM EST
I'm looking to get a Banshee MKG 9mm pistol and convert to SBR. Once I have my tax stamp- is it as simple as swapping the pistol buffer tube for a carbine one? Does the buffer and spring need to change? Is it carbine length?

I asked CMMG directly, but their website expect 5 days for a reply.  I'd like to know before I buy the pistol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 11:22:04 AM EST
The pic on their website shows it with an SBA brace.  If they are shipping with a round buffer tube due to the AFT final rule all you need do is swap that tube for a 6-pos carbine tube and add a stock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 11:27:01 AM EST
Yup, that's exactly what they're doing now. Just a pistol tube.  As long as a carbine tube will go right on, I'm good to go once it's stamped.  I didn't know if I needed special spring length or buffer length.  CMMG actually replied to me pretty quick saying the same thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top