Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2020 1:05:24 PM EDT
I have a 9mm AR I built using the CMMG RDB bolt and barrel kit. It had issues with extraction and ejection, and CMMG sent me a replacement extractor and ejector spring. Well, I managed to send the ejector across the garage never to be found again.

Does anyone know if the ejector is the same as a standard 223/556 ejector for AR15s? I have one of those. I reached out to CMMG on phone and email but haven’t heard back yet (I’m sure they are swamped). I’m hoping to reassemble today and was wondering if anyone knew if the 223 ejector was the right part. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the 9mm CMMG RDB ejector is the same as the 556.  The .40SW and .45 use a rounded ejector.

I presume you know the ejector springs are proprietary and although shorter, have thicker coils and are stiffer than any 556 ejector spring I've seen.

In case you haven't seen it some of my documentation here: http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=221

http://www.c3junkie.com/?page_id=280
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. That was a great write up, I had not seen it before. The new ejector spring is very long compared to the old one. Guess I will see. I’ve thought it was reliable several times before, as I’ve gotten through 100 or so rounds then it is trouble city again.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top