Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2020 9:08:02 PM EDT
I have a CMMG .308 that I want to build a second upper, in .338 Federal, for.  I have a couple problems, though: I’m having difficulty sourcing a barrel and (since, unlike with the AR 15, there is no standard for components) I can’t determine which brands of upper (aside from CMMG) my lower is comparable with.

Any information anyone here might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Old SF
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Can’t help on the compatibility but Wilson combat has some reasonably priced ones Here
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks, my friend!  Good stuff.

Old SF
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Wilson 338 fed. Intermediate gas 14.7. Fluted

Shoots better than me.

My reloads are 200gr sst with 46 grains xbr 8208 so far. Still working up a bit. Don't have velocity but should be 2500+ Gonna get some 300 gr maker subs and n110 I think it is and I'll know then.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top