Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2021 10:19:07 PM EDT
Based On the recommendations of you guys, I went ahead and purchased the optic. I have to say, the presentation is almost Nightforce level. The optic itself is really nice. The glass quality is excellent and clarity is as good as my higher end optics. The reticle is simple, but in the sweet spot for what a 1-6.5 should have. I could go on and on. This thing is a total bargain at $579 out the door. I like it more than my viper and as much as Razor gen 2

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If they were daylight bright, they'd be absolutely perfect. Alas, they are not.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they were daylight bright, they'd be absolutely perfect. Alas, they are not.
View Quote

This guy again?

You just can't wait to piss in someone's cheerios can you?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I had always associate Bushnell with cheap scopes.  

I have an AR Optics 1-4 LPVO, and it's.......not great.

But I was recently turned onto some of their higher end stuff and believe they're some of the best values for the money.

I bought an LRTS 4.5-18 and was blown away with the glass quality for the price.  Great turrets and features.  I even dig the G3 reticle.

I'm now fighting the urge to not pickup an XRS II from midway right now.

I'm a fan.

ETA: Where did you get an Elite Pro for that price?  I may pick one up now too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushnell Elite was Bausch and Lomb.
My first good scope was a B+L 4200 Elite.

Exceptional glass.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Based On the recommendations of you guys, I went ahead and purchased the optic. I have to say, the presentation is almost Nightforce level. The optic itself is really nice. The glass quality is excellent and clarity is as good as my higher end optics. The reticle is simple, but in the sweet spot for what a 1-6.5 should have. I could go on and on. This thing is a total bargain at $579 out the door. I like it more than my viper and as much as Razor gen 2

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/324355/8FC53797-D396-4AF2-A064-FA6FD6415D63_jpe-1790617.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/324355/8EB9542A-EBC5-48B1-B873-CBC1D55DC806_jpe-1790621.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/324355/9E9F1FAF-2B43-4B52-A581-013B64172855_jpe-1790623.JPG
View Quote

Where did you find the Elite Tactical II with BTR-2 reticle on sale for that price? Thank you
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bushnell Elite was Bausch and Lomb.
My first good scope was a B+L 4200 Elite.

Exceptional glass.
View Quote

Not my first scope but it is always my goto scope.  I always tend to put it on my primary hunting gun because the glass is great and the light transmision is up with top brands sold today at 3X the price.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where did you find the Elite Tactical II with BTR-2 reticle on sale for that price? Thank you
View Quote

It had the BDC reticle. The card with the reticle is double sided
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even with the BDC reticle that’s cheap, where did you get it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#9]
nvm, wrong link
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have a scale you can weigh the scope on? I'm curious if it is really 5 ounces heavier than the FDE/capped turret version. That's the only thing that's stopped me from grabbing one (I have one of the FDE/capped turret versions but I got it for $600, EuroOptic has it for $1k now)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I love mine, it’s probably my nicest optic.

I was a little disappointed in the brightness in daylight, but it’s on 6.8 that is predominantly a hunting rifle, and low light is when I really appreciate the illumination.

Smoking deal, and I can’t believe they didn’t all sell already.  

Edit: mine is actually the Bushnell Elite Tactical II Pro SMRS 1-6.5x24 FDE Illuminated Riflescope w/ Throw Lever, which was $650 when I purchased, now it’s at $1000.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Even with the BDC reticle that’s cheap, where did you get it?
View Quote

Euro Optic. It was $579 out the door.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you have a scale you can weigh the scope on? I'm curious if it is really 5 ounces heavier than the FDE/capped turret version. That's the only thing that's stopped me from grabbing one (I have one of the FDE/capped turret versions but I got it for $600, EuroOptic has it for $1k now)
View Quote

If I remember when I got home I will. I will probably forget, but I will try. I don’t know the exact weight, but I know it certainly feels lighter than the Viper and Razor.

The FDE version says 17 ounces and that is awesome. This one is certainly heavier than that by a lot
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh Ok, then it's not labeled the pro model on the website.  Was the box you received labeled pro?

Quoted:
I love mine, it’s probably my nicest optic.

I was a little disappointed in the brightness in daylight, but it’s on 6.8 that is predominantly a hunting rifle, and low light is when I really appreciate the illumination.

Smoking deal, and I can’t believe they didn’t all sell already.  

Edit: mine is actually the Bushnell Elite Tactical II Pro SMRS 1-6.5x24 FDE Illuminated Riflescope w/ Throw Lever, which was $650 when I purchased, now it’s at $1000.

This is what I thought OP got for 579...i knew the price jumped on them, they used to be much closer to what you paid.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This guy again?

View Quote

This is ARFCOM, that's all people do here, often less informed than I am.

I own two Bushnell 1-8.5x's. They're nice enough scopes otherwise. The glass is arguably better than what's in the Razor G2, in fact.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I own two Bushnell 1-8.5x's. They're nice enough scopes otherwise. The glass is arguably better than what's in the Razor G2, in fact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy again?

I owned one of those and I will definitely agree the glass is better.

I also thought the eyebox at 1x on a PA platinum 1-8x I had was better than the g2 1-6.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
They're awesome scopes at that price point. I paid 500 for the capped version. Unfortunately last time I slummed the europtics sale section they'd raised the price to 900 so I guess the salad days are over. The illumination is a non issue. The etched reticle works great outdoors and the dot is plenty bright for any indoor conditions I've tried it under. I use mine on a lightweight 20" and its perfect.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#18]
These are at europtic for $569. I just picked one up, shipped to me in 2 days. Waiting for the mount, but looks and feels like a great scope.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a used gun from Bud's years ago and it had an Elite 6500 on it.  Great scope!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top