Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2018 1:10:14 PM EDT
Considering this scope for my most recent build - 18” rifle length gas 223Wylde 1:8 twist Aero upper, fixed stock, Geissele SSA-E trigger.  Will eat a steady diet of heavier pills (69-77gr) and is intended to be enjoyable at the range out to 400-500yds.  A DMR-ish inspired build, so steel plate accuracy at those distances, not small groups on paper.  Would likely be paired with a reflex sight on a 45deg mount for bad breath distances. Size, weight, mag range, exit pupil size, reticle (specifically the Ballistic AR, not the CQB), are all appealing specs to me, but I can’t turn up much in the way of independent reviews on it.  I don’t put much stock in reviews on Amazon and the like.  I have a Burris scope on my deer rifle and am happy with it in that application.  Any first hand experiences out there? It’s well within the budget ($500 max) at regular price and is on sale right now which is always nice.

Pic of host rifle - was mocking it up sans scope.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at the Burris RT6
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one of these scopes.  The RT-6 I ordered has been on back order for three months with no sign of it showing up any time soon, so I bought the MTAC 1.5-6 instead.  I put the RT-6 I did have on my 3-gun AR and put the 1.5-6 on in it's place on my hunting AR and so far, I like it quite a bit.  The glass is very nice with good eye relief and the eye box is very forgiving, at least to me.  I haven't shot it past 300 yards yet, but shooting handloaded 65 grain Sierra Gameking bullets, the range marks line up fairly close.  The one thing I did notice was that I couldn't feel or hear the clicks when I adjusted the turret while zeroing, but it was about 15 degrees out when I was shooting and the cold may have affected it.   I think you will like this scope.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked mine but sold it.  Damned heavy
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I liked mine but sold it.  Damned heavy
View Quote
The specs say 15.5 oz, is that not accurate?  That’s lighter than other options I’ve looked at.  Was going to use a non-QD mount to keep weight down as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a good scope for the money but definitely heavy and the battery drains fast (replace 2x year with minimal use). Here's mine on a EBR chassis:
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies.  They have encouraged my to re-analyze my decision. In the end I’ve decided to go with the VX-R Patrol 3-9 instead.  Better glass (presumably), a little more magnification, better illumination system for a small weight penalty over the Burris.  I think the MTAC will end up on something in the future, just not this one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top